Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

After a busy week, I was finally able to get out for my quick (if you can call 45 minutes quick) 3 mile loop. I am in the miserable part of being so out of shape. My body hurts all over and I feel like my body is made out of lead. I am trying to imagine what life will be like when I actually *like* running again. Right now it is a form of torture.

On a a good note...I survived Thanksgiving and my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party without gaining weight. My husband had a stomach virus and left me holding the bag as a single parent for these events. I was ready to kill him even though he could not help being sick. Chasing kids and sitting down to eat a meal just does not mix well. Even though these events were not very relaxing, I was happy that I didn't have a huge jump on the scale.

I did not get the chance to run the Turkey Day 5k because of my husband's virus. I hope it doesn't catch up with me next weekend for the Reindeer Run.

No comments: