Saturday, December 1, 2007

5K Hurray!

Ok, I know it is crazy to even think about doing a 5K in the shape that I am in. I did it because it was a fun run and not a race. No pressure. It is one race that I strive to do every year because i is so fun.

It was crazy cold outside and snowing heavily. There were THOUSANDS of runners braving the elements. Old & young, runners & walkers, dogs & kids....you name it and they were there. It is great to see so many people excited about this run.

I wasn't able to run the whole thing but I ran a good portion of Lake Harriet. I pushed it as long as I could before my weak body told me to stop. Since it was a fun run I ditched out of the last half mile of the race and walked to my car. Ironically my car was a lot farther out than the finish line.

I ended the Reindeer Run with a Bloody Mary breakfast at Herkimers. Life is good. I can't wait until next years run!

1 comment:

Viv said...

LMAO!
Sounds like great post race beverages!