Friday, December 14, 2007

Bah Humbug!

That kind of sums up my attitude today.

The only running I am going to be doing is running more errands. School, Christmas shopping, and grocery store. I normally get excited about the Christmas shopping, but this year I can't get into it. I do all the shopping for everyone, I do the idea searching, the hunting, the wrapping and delivering. I guess I would call myself a Grinch this year because I am sick of being the only one in my family to spread the holiday cheer.

My house was a disaster area and that made the morning routine into a screaming fest. Nobody had no clean clothes, the dishes where piled up, and there clutter everywhere. There is nothing more disheartening than waking up to a home that looks like it was bombed. I know what I will be doing all weekend.

I have been fighting off a cold for months. I have been taking vitamins and Airborne like crazy. I think my body is ready to give it up and just be sick. I woke up this morning with "sexy phlegm voice" and a smoker's cough. Like clockwork, the beginning stages of my annual upper respiratory infection has begun.

Preschool was a nightmare today. It was the weekly parent day and the kids' holiday party. I was is irritated with my oldest son. I am sure he was just excited about the party, but he seriously just did whatever the hell he wanted. He listened to no one and was literally bouncing off the walls. I felt like such a schmuck in front of all those other parents because he was so obnoxious. Military school looks good at this point.

These are the days I need the release of a good run the most. I am even considering running sick in the dark, sub-zero weather just for a little peace and quiet. But I am not going to, I am going to hand the kids off to my husband and pour a stiff drink.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Aw, Carly I hope you get some peace. This time of year is so CRAZY! It rubs off on the kiddos too. My son is like a 3 foot unchained animal lately :-O
I enjoy the 24th & the 25th everything leading up to it is mayhem...
Hang in there!

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear about all of the craziness at your house. I hope the stiff drink helped!

DoriAnn said...

Hope you're feeling better, Carly, and that your live has calmed down so that you're able to enjoy the holidays. Good idea to not run whilst sick. You'll just get sicker. Not that I'd know anything about that.