Thursday, December 27, 2007

Early New Year's Resolutions

Every year I make a list of things to better myself. An insane list of goals that I never achieve. In fact, once I write the list, I never look at it again. This year I am posting it on this blog so I can refer back to it and check off things when I complete them. I am also being very specific as to what I would like to accomplish. I want 2008 to be a good year and a year I can be proud of myself. Some goals are weightloss and running related, some are not. I may as well advertise all my good intentions for 2008!

To Do in 2008
1. Run the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon November 16, 2008.
We chose this race because it looks like a lot of fun with all the music. Plus it is the inaugural race and it is in a warmer city than Minneapolis in November.

2. Get to goal weight
It is about time that I shed this extra poundage and keep it off.

3. Finish my photography course and start charging for jobs.
I have gotten 3 extensions on this class and it is time to finish. Also, enough of the freebie photo shoots. I could have a very profitable PT job if I stop giving my time and talent away.

4. Read 8 books.
Why 8? I don't know, just sounded like a good number. I only read a few minutes before bed so that might be a big goal.

5. Prepare a meal plan and cook at home more.
I am the queen of take out and fast food. I am embarrassed to admit that I just threw away a garbage bag full of McDonald's toys. I am going to plan, shop, and cook at least 4 nights a week.


This will be the year that I complete all things I set out to do.

4 comments:

Viv said...

Love the goals, Carly! I think you got it coverd with no worries! San Antone, huh? Might have to take the hike west and give ya some cowbell!!

Tammy said...

Good for you for making well defined, attainable goals!

Pokey said...

Way to set your goals!

I think weight loss is at the top of mine for next year....gotta shed some pounds if I want to keep running!

Happy New Year!

Yasmin said...

I laughed a little when I read this post because I did the exact same thing yesterday. I posted my goals on my blog because then I've written them down in a place that I can't lose them and other people might read them... so I'll have to complete something.