Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


I can't believe it is almost over. Christmas seemed to come really quick this year. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I wish I could say that I have been running, but I have not. I ended up running myself ragged with the holidays. I just was not very organized this time around so I ended up doing twice the work.


Considering I was already run down and had a cold, I decided to just say to hell with it and enjoy the holidays fat chick style. I didn't exercise or eat one proper meal. I let myself indulge without guilt. I had a really good time with my family and friends. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to get back on the wagon. I have six months to get into my skinny wardrobe. I think I see a New Year's Resolution list in my future!


On a much more serious note, I re-read my "Ba Humbug" post below and realized that my problems are small in the big scheme of things. I am lucky that my problems are just minor annoyances. Unfortunately I was just reminded of how not to take life for granted and not to stress about the insignificant details. A woman that I know lost her fight with cancer and passed away this past weekend. She left behind 3 young children and a husband. She was only in her 30's. It is sad that it takes something like that to put things into perspective.


I can't complain if weight is one of my only battles in life.....I have the the ability to do something about it.




No comments: