Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hungover and Still Cold

When I made the decision not to do an Arctic run yesterday, I headed straight for the the liquor cabinet and curled up on the couch to watch movies. It is what every good Minnesotan does when the weather turns bitterly cold.

The bottle of wine and 2 mixed drinks was probably a bit excessive. I admit I cannot handle my liquor like I did a few years ago. Needless to say, I am nursing one hell of a hangover today. A greasy brunch didn't even cure it.

No running again today and I admit I fell off my plan to eat well. I will be climbing back on the wagon tomorrow. Spring is coming and my skinny wardrobe is hanging in my closet taunting me.

For now, I am off to take some Tylenol to get rid of this headache.

3 comments:

Viv said...

The wagon is making pick up's again tomorrow. LOL! I know, I will be chasing that thing. Hope the hangover is betta..

RunMomma said...

I feel your pain when it comes to the cold weather. It was -12 on Saturday in Iowa. Frankly I could tolerate it if the front of my legs did not feel like skin was going to burn off from the cold. Hope you did not have to work today and can hibernate a little as any good midwesterner would do. :)

Danielle said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am always looking for fellow runners in the area (particularly those that hate the cold too!!). A bottle of wine and two cocktails is probably equal to the, I think, 9 beers I consumed on Saturday night at Hairball...ah yes...sometimes we are just not smart are we??