Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sugar, Sugar

Photobucket

I didn't realize how much sugar has a hold on me. I am only in day 2 of removing sweets from my diet and I feel like I am going crazy. I am having withdrawl symptoms and my body is going into shock. I am a true junkie! I might be putting a dramatic spin on my self-imposed sugar ban, but I do believe that my body is reacting to the changes I am making. I think my husband is ready to give my an animal tranquilizer because I am so moody.

I can honestly say that I have become dependent on the sweet things that I nibble on during the day. A chunk of chocolate or a slice of cake would give me the bursts of energy that I need. The more I eat, the more I need. I am surprised at how often I reached for sugar laden snacks. It is legal crack in my world. I almost think that quitting smoking was easier than cutting out junk food. At least smoking has become socially unexceptable.

I did ok today staying away from the garbage, but I am going to be tested this weekend. I am throwing a shower for a girlfriend and there will not only be one cake, but two of them! Cake is my weakness. I live for the stuff. Sunday I have a breakfast date at our favorite pancake joint. It is going to take everything in me not to get something that I can load up with syrup.



*deep breaths*

8 comments:

Yasmin said...

I joined the challenge today and I'm really scared of the superbowl party I'm going to. I think I'm making a dessert with apples, nf sf butterscotch pudding mix, cool whip and crushed pineapple...

Do you think that's still in the spirit of the challenge?

Stace said...

You can do it Carly!

Stace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viv said...

Be strong! For me it's the junk food and Super Bowl is the big one. I may have to give in a bit. I think one lil thing is ok, but I would be the one in rehab going yea, just one than I will stop.

RunMomma said...

I feel your pain. I have found that adding "Water Sensations" to my water helps alot. I get the grape flavor. My other vice for the afternoon munchies is a Strawberries and Creme Luma bar.

Running Knitter said...

"Just say no to sugar" is my new motto. Be strong and stick with it.

P.O.M. said...

Stay Strong. You can do it (Said in an Arnold voice) ha ha.

Delane said...

My crack is salt. I have just subcome to being an addict. They say that admitting your addiction is the first step toward recovery.