Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Week in Review

Today I ran 2.26 miles non-stop. I wanted to quit because I was getting tired. I plugged along, made mini goals, and finished it. I am very excited that I finally completed the route I have named the "short loop". If I keep this up, I will be ready for my first 5k of the season on Feb 16th. I feel like my running mojo is coming back.


I don't know if my running success today was a fluke. This last week was tough on the running front. I ran on Saturday and it was just OK. Thursday I ran, but had a stomach bug. Tuesday was on the dread mill, and I could only run 6 minutes out of 30. I am happy that my progress is continuing despite the so-so week of training.


On another good note, I have graduated from physical therapy! I am regaining some core strength. Three pregnancies and six abdominal surgeries left me with nothing. I can now get up off the floor without having to crawl to a piece of furniture for assistance. Too bad they don't give tummy tucks as a PT graduation gifts because I sure could use one!

I am also down 5lbs since the start of the new year. I am heading in the right direction but I still need to focus. I have been doing half-assed journaling, not counting the points I am eating, and chugging wine like it is water. I am going to spin dry myself this week and see if it has a positive effect on the scale. I am chalking my 5lb loss up to good luck, and I know it is going to run out if I don't start behaving myself.

5 comments:

Yasmin said...

Congrats on the loss. Congrats on the miles.

You'll be there in no time.

Viv said...

Great job on the miles accomplishment! LOL @ tummy tucks for grad presents..
Fantastic loss, your doing fantastic!

RunMomma said...

I just stubbled upon your blog and thought I would say congratulations on the loss. 5lbs without trying. . . great! Nice job of pushing through the miles as well.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the loss, Carly!

And on the miles! WTG!

And, the graduation! Things are going well for you. If you come across a way to get a freebie tummy tuck, be sure to let me know!

Pokey said...

5 pounds is AWESOME!!!!

Way to go on the running....you are doing great all around !