Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

A few weeks ago, the Today Show had a segment on keeping holiday weight gain at bay. They said the average person typically gains about 7lbs between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I gained 9! What can I say, I am an over-achiever. This time of year is not for eating carrots.

When the calendar changed to January 1st, my give a damn came back (like it does every year). I have been religiously tracking my food and making exercise a priority. I have done 2 runs and a strength workout. I even ran outside on New Year's Day in the subzero weather.

I have challenged my self to make it one month to follow Weight Watchers without falling off the program. As long as I don't go over my allowance and follow the 8 heathy guidlines I am in the running.

So far 2008 is off to a good start.

6 comments:

Viv said...

Way to go! You got the month challege in the bag with this determination. I am with ya, my magic number was 9 as well..Oh well, let's do this thing!

Pokey said...

I purposely stayed away from the scale for the most part, but I do think I gained a few pounds as well.

KUDOS for getting back to WW....I really should do that too. I keep telling myself that if I just follow the plan, I dont need to commit to meetings. Not sure how that is going to work for me. My biggest success with WW was when I went to weekly meetings EVERY week, and had a group of other women to go with. *sigh* The battle of the scale is such a pain!

Glad you got your motivation back.....you'll do great!

Maria said...

Oh Carly, I gained 9 pounds too! Ugh...but good for you for getting back on track. I've got the exercise part of it down but the eating has unfortunately spilled over into 2008.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for the rest of the year ☺

Anonymous said...

You know I'm goint to stalk you now, woman!

WTG! You can do eeeet!

I'm too lazy to set up an account.
xoxox
Nikki

Fat Grl Slim said...

Great site! Can you kick my butt into running like you do????

aerorunnergirl said...

I'm new to your blog, but I can totally relate! I didn't even bother weighing before the holidays because I didn't WANT to know how much I'd gained. :) But, I'm doing WW, as well. Best of luck to you!