Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Milestone Met

What you gon' do with all that junk?All that junk inside your trunk?

That is what was going through my head during my entire run today. It seems that all 9lbs I gained over the holidays went straight to my ass. I could tell while I was running that there was a lot more jiggle. Note for next time, I must wear sausage casing undergarments to prevent this.

Right now I may be heavy and jiggle like Jell-O, but I am happy to say that finally broke my 1 mile wall! I didn't stop at 1 mile today. I ran a total of 2.26 and I only walked two blocks. I know I didn't break any distance records, but it is progress and every week I hope to go a bit further.

This milestone was a big one for me. No matter how many miles I am in shape to run, the first one is always the hardest. Now that I know I can make a full mile physically, I know I can push myself to the next level. I have about 6 weeks to work up to 3 miles until my first 5K of the new year. It is totally doable.

6 comments:

Robbie said...

Congrats on your 2.26 mile run today! I really need to get into that habit; I love running - maybe as much as I love Fergie :)

Viv said...

Oh no wonder I felt like I had tied something to the pack of my running pants. It was my junk..LOL! Cheers to breaking through. Doing fantab!

Yasmin said...

Whoo hoo for making it past that first mile. I've gots me much in my trunk too. Blame it on being Mexican, I do...

Tammy said...

Congrats on breaking through the 1 mile barrier! I know I carry my weight in my trunk.
When I gain, I can feel every pound of it!

Pokey said...

It takes me at least 3 miles to evem start feeling good....so you are not alone. I thought I had the longest warm up period known to man!!!!

I hate when the *junk* follows me around....

Good job making it past the first mile...some of us really DO understand what a milestone that is!!! WTG!!!

Fat Grl Slim said...

LOL! I was cracking up when you said all you could think about during your run was that song. I hate when that happens!

And yes I agree, that first mile is the hardest! I have no idea why, but once I've gotten through those few minutes to run that mile, and see that I have done it, I feel like I can do anything.

Thanks for your kind words on my page. Keep up the good work!