Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. In fact I don't really celebrate it with my husband. He kind of ruined it by breaking up with me on Valentine's Day in 1994. We were college sweethearts and met when we were the ripe age of 19. About a year into our relationship, he wanted to date other people. He chose Valentine's Day to drop that bomb. His playing the field days didn't last long, 2 weeks later we were back together. Now 15 years and 3 kids, we are still going strong.

It is a funny story now even though I was heartbroken for those 2 whole weeks. I only hold it over his head because I am too cheap to buy cards and chocolates. Plus, we are not the most romantic couple. Rather than lovers (that word makes me shudder), we are more like immature kids that show affections by pulling each other's finger or slinging insults as terms of endearment. These conversation hearts are right up our ally.


Anitsocial conversation hearts
Valentine's Day and trying to detox off of sugar isn't a good combo. The kids came home with a bag of candy which I had no problem pilfering through their stash. I also thought it was a fantastic idea to make Rice Krispie treats for the kids to take to daycare as a Valentine's Day treat. They left the house empty handed. Because SOMEONE ate most of them. Who would have thought cereal + marshmallows = heaven????!!!

Snap, Crackle and Pop, anyone else find them kind of creepy?

snap crackle pop

5 comments:

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! My husband and I are the EXACT same way. We're the least romantic couple ever. Even on our wedding day we ripped into each other with insults. I would not have it any other way ;-)

Viv said...

LMAO, Carly. That was too funny. IWell funny now, but I love how you can get some mileage outta the break up for 15 yrs. We are the same way here, we still do the pull my finger. OK TMI.. The DH is like let's have a romantic dinner tonight. I look at him all crosseyed, and he goes you want ESPN and a sports bar don't ya. Oh yea now you are turning me on.

Tammy said...

I LOVE those conversation hearts!

I can totally relate to the sugar thing. My kids have rarely gotten to take treats to school over the years...

My poor kids, their mom is a sugar addict. I need Rehab.

Yasmin said...

I need to get me some of those conversation hearts, Carly.

We're the same way. Except I get him tons of those conversation hearts because he's the only one in the world I know that will eat every flavor.

P.O.M. said...

My bf and I are the same way. The evening is not complete until gas is exchanged. ha ha. God, we're so gross.