Friday, February 29, 2008

Leaving Funkytown

I have been MIA for about week because I have been crazy busy and in my annual winter funk. This time of year is always hard for me. I truly thought this year would be different if I stayed busy, and I mean so busy that I wake up one morning and winter is over. Well that theory was blown to shreds. February Freakfest 2008 was sure a 5 alarm meltdown. My husband was ready to call in for backup to to haul me to a padded room.

Not only did I flipout about being stuck in frozen tundra hell, I completely blew my top about being so busy and not being able to compete all the goals that I have set for myself. I have set so many unrealistic goals that God himself could not meet them.

Today, I am slightly more sane and I am scaling back my list to be one mortals can accomplish. I also realized that I cannot look at the big picture because it overwhelms me. I have 50lbs to lose, a marathon I want to run, and a business I hope to get off the ground....and I want it all to happen right now! Everything seems so unattainable when I look at how far I have to go to get to the end result. I have decided to not put time restrictions on my goals. I am going to focus on losing 5lbs at a time, running one day at a time, and the rest will fall into place. I go through this every winter when I spend every waking hour indoors. I get crazy.

I have not worked out all week. I did get up one morning to go to the gym at 5am. I can't call my 30 minute walk on the treadmill a workout considering my grandmother could have walked at a faster clip than I was doing. I only did about 1.5 miles (in 30 minutes!).

Today, Spring was in the air. Not much longer in winter hell.

2 comments:

Stace said...

Your grandma! LOL
You can do it Carly! Baby steps!
I'm going for a run now, you should go too. Try for at least 2 miles, crank it out, slow and low!
One foot in front of the other - you can do it!
I'll be pulling for you!

Viv said...

That is the only way to look at the WL. I hear ya though, I wish the weight would have been gone, ummm yesterday hell last month would have been nice. LOL!
Hang in there, it will all happen for u!