Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunch Time Blues

I really want a Big 10 sub (one of the greatest places on earth for hot sub sammies) with a steamin' hot plate of seasoned waffle fries. Mmmmmmm. What I had for lunch is an apple, string cheese, and 100 calorie bag of popcorn. I would have really enjoyed my soup that I also brought to work, however I neglected to bring something to put it in. So I had to fall back on Orville Redenbacher to feed me for lunch.

I am struggling with eating healthy lately and I can feel my waistband getting tighter. So today I am taking it literally one hour at a time being on plan. I have not been planning my meals, bringing my lunch, or putting much effort in at dinner. My schedule has been so crazy that I have gotten lazy. I am back to journaling and trying to make better choices. It is just amazing how fast a downward spiral starts when I stop recording.

I did not complete a workout again today. I am just exhausted and trying to catch up from being sick. It is supposed to be nice this weekend and it will be a good time to ease back into running. We were supposed to start a spinning workout class this week as well. I am mentally preparing for next week because it looks brutal!

Tonight is the encore presentation of Spirit of the Marathon and I have my ticket! I am very excited to go. The previews look great and people have raved about it. My husband just rolls his eyes at me because I have been talking about seeing this for months. He had absolutely no interest in going. I guess only a runner can appreciate this movie.
Spirit of the Marathon

4 comments:

Yasmin said...

My husband didn't roll his eyes, when I talked bout Spirit, but he did tell me that he wasn't going and hoped I was okay with that.

Being sick is no fun, especially when you want to workout. I hope you all feel better soon.

Viv said...

Carly, I totally feel you on the when you stop journaling. Hang tough, I know it is wicked when busy time kicks in. I hope you get a great run in this weekend :-)
I loved Jerry from the movie!!

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it chica! You'll get back on track ;D

Pokey said...

Can you stock up on frozen lunches in a freezer at work? That's what I do - I bring in 5-7 at a time of Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, etc....and it cuts out the opportunity for me to eat crap. It also takes all the thought out of lunch.

Hang in there ~ its soooo easy to fall off the wagon, and a bit more effort to climb back on :) You will do it!!!!