Saturday, February 9, 2008

Procrastination

Photobucket

We are staying at my parents house this weekend. I packed all my running stuff; the shoes, cold weather gear, and my Ipod. I have plenty of people to watch the kids and I don't have a time limit. At this point the temperature is still above zero. It is an ideal day for a run. But here I sit. I just keep finding things to do that are keeping me from getting my workout in.

I am not sure why I am putting it off. I KNOW I will feel energized when I am done. I need to get my run in because next weekend is the Valentine's 5K. I am weighing in on Monday and my workouts this weekend are going to be tied to what the scale is going to give me. I NEED to do this run. These reasons should be pushing me out the door right now.

Laziness is working for me right now.

UPDATE

I did do my run today and I am glad I did it. I ran about 2.5 miles. It was fun to switch up my route and see the old neighborhood. I am also glad I ran when I did because it was in the 20's when I went out, now it is about -40 below zero with the wind chill.

3 comments:

Viv said...

I hope you got it done Carly.
Update us :-)

Tammy said...

Great job, Carly!

I'm glad you got the run in. When we don't want to go is usually the perfect time to go!

P.O.M. said...

Yippppy. Way to get out there - especially in that freezingness.