Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter Blahs

I am so ready for spring. I have hit the winter wall. All these subzero days have lost their novelty. I am sick of being indoors, I am sick of being cold and dressing in multiple layers. I have had enough of starting my car 20 minutes before going anywhere. Don't even get me started on how much I hate snow and ice. My kids are bouncing off the walls and it is a miracle that we haven't killed each other. On a positive note, it is 8 degrees above zero today.

I don't know if the weather is draining me or my insane schedule, but I am exhausted. I have been sleeping well, but I can't seem to wake up. I got to the gym this morning before 6AM but I could not get going on the treadmill. I ended up doing a 30 minute walk instead of running. I was happy that I got some activity, but it wasn't what I set out to do.

I did a face plant into the sugar bowl yesterday. My detox was on a roll and I blew it. You name it, I ate it. I need an intervention because I was eating the kids' leftover Christmas candy. YUCK. I need to work a treat into my week somehow otherwise I will be facing this problem often. Eh, live and learn.

Completely off topic, my dog is not doing real well these days. This past weekend she was not able to stand up or walk. She has Addison's Disease and she is on medication to help regulate it. We gave her a little extra medicine and it helped perk her up and eventually she walked. I know her days are numbered but it still makes me really sad to see her like this. Everytime she has an episode like this, I think this is it...but she always pulls through.

Our vet gave her about a year to live when she was diagnosed........That was almost 5 years ago. She literally is the million dollar dog. I will be very sad and the kids will be devastated when she is gone, but I won't miss the vet bills or the monthly medicine costs.

I know this isn't a real postive post. I am just in my annual winter funk. Now that the weather is supposed to be in the positive digits and it is staying lighter out longer, my mood will improve.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

I know what you mean. I hate this time of year. It's gray, the kids have cabin fever, it's a PITA to take them anywhere (hi, who wants to spend 30 minutes bundling and unbundling the kids, getting them in the car, etc . .repeat on the way home), I just want to sleep all day, the list goes on and on. I keep telling my husband I need to go to the tanning beds :-X I need SOME kind of sun, cause this is just driving me nutty LOL

Stace said...

This really does stink, but we'll get out of it soon! I look forward to our race this weekend, getting out and conquering the cold and getting cute t-shirts should be fun.

Viv said...

Sorry, and I was all braging about the gorgeous weather. Well, it's rainy and cold now :-( not your kinda of freezing, but cold. I hope it warms up for you guys soon. You will see in a few months we all be saying darn it's fliping hooottt!
sorry, about the doggie. maybe the million dollar dog will pull through again.

RunMomma said...

Once again we are having a glorious negative degree day in Iowa. I can't call it hell because that would mean it is warm. The car screams at me in the morning and dog does not want to go outside to take a leak. You do have a million dollar dog. How does he do with the weather?

Yasmin said...

I guess I really shouldn't complain about my weather. I've been running on the dreadmill lots lately, mostly because I don't like running outside when it's dark.

I am there with you about your dog. I always set a limit on how much I'll spend on an animal being sick, but always exceed it.