Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back At It...

2.25 miles completed.

Uff da (said in my best thick MN accent)!!! Almost 3 weeks of not doing any activity really brought me back down to square one. Rather than focus on the negatives of this run I am going to find the silver lining.

I got out on a beautiful Spring day.
I ran most of my mileage. I only had 1 walk break that was about 3 blocks long.
I got to jam out to my IPod.
I didn't get flipped off today.
I got out and did activity rather than dive into a bag of chips. That was yesterday's activity.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

That is all I have today. I am going to focus on getting comfortable with my 3 mile loop again then hit half marathon training hard.

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good stuff. Getting out there is the hardest part and you're doing that.

Viv said...

Way to get it done, chickie!

I love those positives :-)

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Carly! Why would you get flipped off? Doing something you shouldn't be doing? :P

Stace said...

Way to go Carly!

Brianna said...

The chips couldn't hold a candle to my cookies (which I shamelessly ate 4 of before noon - thanks for visiting my blog!). AND, I'd say a run is even better than the cookies, so you made a good choice to get out and enjoy the spring day. Congrats and keep up the good work!