Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday!

Thank you everyone for the advice! I am going to start building up my base again and as suggested, get my 6, 8, and 10 mile run in before the race. I have over 12 weeks to get ready and that should be plenty of time. I just started to freak out because I am very schedule driven. My baby brother knows me so well, indeed a DQ cake as incentive would get me off my duff. Although...I did just give up sugar (again).

I have been MIA. I still have not been running. The wave a sickness that hit this house really knocked me on my rear. I have just been taking it easy and getting over the post sickness fatigue. I didn't see the point to add another post bitching about not feeling well. The good news is that I am starting to feel like myself again and I will be back to my regular scheduled runs very soon. One positive with this sickness is that my scale is starting to move. In "The Devil Wears Prada", there is a quote that I can relate to, "I am one stomach virus away from my goal weight". Whatever works, right?

Since I have been taking a breather, I have been playing with my new toy that I got in Vegas. I have only had it a few days and already my family and friends are sick of me a) following them around with a camera, b) talking about photography. They will have to put up with me until the novelty wears off.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Ooooohhhh looks like a sweet camera chica! Get ready to take those nudes! LOL JK!

Viv said...

The camera looks like a playground for a photographer :-)
I see the weight ticker moving..whoohooo!!