Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I GOT IN!!


Dear Carly,

Congratulations! You are officially registered for the 18th annual Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon on June 21, 2008. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Duluth, and providing you with a world-class race.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!
I just got my confirmation email saying I am fully registered. Now I really have to get my butt in gear and start training. I guess I will be paying another visit to my buddy Hal Hidgon. His training schedules have gotten me through several races. I will have to see what kind of half marathon training program he has to conquer this bad boy.

Truthfully, I am kind of shocked that my number came up. This is a very popular race and they do a random lottery to select participants. I have run Grandma's Marathon before, but I never done the half marathon. I have signed up several times and I have never been selected. FINALLY, I am in!

This race takes place in my hometown. If you have never run Grandma's Marathon, it should be one on your list. It is a great course and the post race festivities are really fun. I sound like I should work for Duluth tourism. I guess I better call my parents to let them know that I am staying with them and to start planning the post-race party.

6 comments:

Viv said...

LOL @ working for the Duluth tourisim dpt.
Congrats on hitting the lotto, I am really excited for your 1/2/.
it will be exciting to follow your training.
Go Carly!!

Marcy said...

WHOOOO HOOOOO!! CONGRATS CHICA!! Now send some of that luck over here for me and the NYC lottery LOL

Your brother said...

Kristen and I have started planning the post race party, I have already started to shred paper for for the parade. The grand marshall will be the duche who flicked me off and punched me in the nuts two years ago... CONGRATS!!!!

Tammy said...

Congrats on getting in!

I've read about Grandma's Marathon before, but never thought about going to Minnesota.

Yasmin said...

I am currently on week 4 of Uncle Hal's 1/2 training. I'm happy to have a partner!

Kelly said...

Hi Carly..I just found your blog and am reading some archives. My best friend currently lives in Superior so when I read that your hometown is Duluth, I just had to say hi..so far...REALLY enjoy your blog.
Kelly