Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vegas Baby!

Photobucket

It is close to 10PM and I am leaving for Vegas in the morning, 5:30AM to be exact, for the WPPI Convention. I am packed? No. Is my house clean? No. So why am I wasting time blogging? Well, I am waiting for my laundry to be done. Typical Carly move before a trip.

I had a wardrobe meltdown today. I have (had) absolutely nothing in my closet that fits me for a spring-like climate. Last year I was pregnant, and the year before that I was close to my goal weight. I had to suck it up and buy something in a bigger size. Is it just me, or are the clothes beyond fugly right now? WTF is up with the maternity cut tops???? I just got out of those clothes and the last thing I want is someone coming up to me and patting the muffin top mistaking me for being pregnant. That is my rant on the clothes. Maybe if I wasn't so chubby right now I would feel different. I did find stuff and I am going to look cute. Everything item (almost) in my whole freaking suitcase still has tag on them. (Thank God for Target and Old Navy to get a girl some cheap threads)

My first week of half marathon training was a joke. Rather than 15 miles logged this week, I logged 2.25. I will do better this week now that I am starting to feel better. The second week isn't much different from the first week. I do have my running gear packed. One way or another, I will get my workouts in even if I have to walk/run. At least it is only the first week of training...easy peasy to make up.

The flu came flu circle in our house. Middle munchkin got it yesterday and was down and out today. I am still not myself and used good judgement not to run this weekend. I couldn't even eat, let alone workout. I am praying for a better week ahead and no more illnesses! Even Babydiva is doing better. We figured out her antibiotic was making her do her fun puking tricks.

I am off for a few days to learn me something about photography!

Vive Las Vegas!!!! ( I hope to come back rich)

7 comments:

Running Knitter said...

Have fun in Vegas!

ebsfwan said...

Enjoy it!

Marcy said...

Ooohhh Carly HAVE FUN!!! YOu so deserve it! Big money! ;D

your brother said...

So Kristen and I did not win powerball... make us some money!!!

Tammy said...

Enjoy Vegas, Carly!!

I just shopped for bigger sizes for our vacation too. I feel your pain!

Laura N said...

Glad you're feeling better. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Viv said...

Have fun, and I hope you win some huge jackpot!!