Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Photobucket


I have never been so happy to do laundry in my life. The repairman just left. As the door closed behind him, I sprinted downstairs to throw in the first load. I bet I have 15 loads on deck. I have so much laundry that I have it micro sorted. With 5 people in this house, I have a load of just socks.

I had to laugh because when the repair guy came in the door, I had a trashy chick novel out, shopping bags by the door, and I had candy on the counter, all while I was working on my computer (legitimately working). I must have painted a great image of a day in the life of a stay at home mom this guy's head. He must think that all SAHMs really do sit on their ass and eat bonbons. Especially when he saw the piles of dirty laundry downstairs.


Much to my dismay, my laundry room was flooded when the drain backed up from doing said first load of clothes. I am cursing the 60 year old plumbing in this house! I love my little house, but again these are the days I wish I had a new, built from scratch house. That repairman is coming tomorrow. Even a flood can't kill my joy over a working washer and dryer.

Babydiva is still sick. She is still puking and has decided to add the element from the other end. My hands are raw from the OCD washing. I just called my boss and dropped the bomb that I am cutting the day short again tomorrow. I am praying I don't catch this. I leave on Sunday for Vegas.

I may have a sense of humor about the shit storm we are going through right now but I am a raging bitch at the same time. My poor little guys got an earful this morning on our way to school. I lost it around the 3rd or 4th time I told them to put on their shoes and jackets.. This time I was able to catch myself before dropping the "F" bomb. The stress is making me crazy. I know this stuff happens, but why does it have to happen all at once???


I am going for a run the minute my husband walks through the door. I will update with my workout stats tonight.

EDIT

I did not run. I have caught the bug. I am going to bed.

5 comments:

Stace said...

Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well!
I hope you are 100% better by Vegas time! You deserve a break : )

Marcy said...

Did you have Oprah on in the background? That pretty much seals the deal :P

Ohhhh Carly I hope it gets better for you really soon. I don't know how you do it. Having the kids at home and actually (fo really reals) working. You're my hero!

Pokey said...

HUGS Carly - you are one tough momma....you'll make it thru the winter crap AND the sickies! Sorry you caught the bug :(

Laura N said...

Oh Carly, I was so sorry to read your edit. TOO MUCH! Tell yourself over and over--"this is only temporary." It will be better soon. Sooner than soon, I hope.

Viv said...

Oprah or Montel..LOL! I hope it all gets back on track for ya soon, sweetie!