Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BabyDiva's First Run


Wow how time flies.....8 months ago today Baby diva was born. To celebrate her 8th month, I took her for her first run. While my hubby took the boys to the park, I dusted off the jogging stroller and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. We went 2.75 miles to be exact.

I was feeling lazy when I got home from work today. I made dinner and ate a healthy yet heavy meal. I was just going to skip my run today because I wasn't feeling it. I don't know what pushed me out the door tonight, but all I could think about was where I was 8 months ago. After baby diva's birth, I was not only getting used to a newborn's schedule, but I was also recovering from a c-section. I wanted nothing more than to get back into my running groove and get some level of fitness back. I may not always want to get out there, but the alternative of not being able to run is worse.

I think she may be my favorite family member running partner. My husband whines too much, my boys never stop talking, and my dog just isn't into running (a Labrador that doesn't run?!!!). That leaves baby diva....I must say she did great on her first time out. I may have to take her out again....after all, I can hold on to the stroller for dear life when the run gets tough!

Oh....and I finally officially signed up for the 10K that is less than 2 weeks away. I will do it!

7 comments:

Laura N said...

Carly, she is just precious! I bet she loved it out there. Good for you for getting the two of you in the fresh air.

your brother said...

I thought I was your favorite family running partner in the family... (at least for the first three blocks). Good to see he did well on the run. I am suprised she did not throw a fit from being strapped in...

your brother said...

I thought I was your favorite family running partner in the family... (at least for the first three blocks). Good to see he did well on the run. I am suprised she did not throw a fit from being strapped in...

Al's Cooking Light Reviews said...

What a cutie!

Viv said...

Baby Diva is the sweetest!! I am glad you got out that door. That was an awesome look back to 8 months ago. WTG!
Congrats on signing up for that 10K you will do wonderful :-)

Stace said...

She's gorgeous! Congrats on the great run!

Marcy said...

Wait . . .Carly I thought you just had boys?!? You have a BABY GIRL TOO?!? DANNNNNNGGGGGG! Holy mother! You are my hero :-) She's a cutie!

Now could you tech my kids to stay put in the stroller? That would be great, thanks LOL