Friday, April 11, 2008

Dr Phil Moment


Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the kind words while I was having my nervous breakdown. I love all the support from Blogland!!!

I am happy to report that I have started my presentation and I have done a couple of photo shoots to incorporate with it. The ideas are coming left and right now. I had to take some time to regroup and get organized. I checked out the site Andrew suggested and I got a ton of great advice. I only have to speak for 20-30 minutes and since I am such a photo-nerd, I can do that in my sleep. Now I just have to live through the speaking part and I am good to go. I was promised a stiff drink after I am done!

I stopped feeling sorry for myself and got off my fat rear end and went for two 3 mile runs this past weekend. I am seriously behind in training for my 10K which is in two weeks. I contemplated not doing it, but it is on my goal list and I want to do it no matter what. Even if I have to do it as a run/walk, I am going to complete this. Stace has been training like a crazy woman and I have a tinge of guilt not being as dedicated to my training.

While I was regrouping, I realized that I bit off more than I can chew and that is the real source of my stress not the public speaking (even though I know I suck). I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to try to get my photography business going, train for several races, work extra hours, and take care of my family (including one specific member that doesn't sleep through the night). I had to sit down and prioritize and think about how I am going to do all of this. Letting stuff go is not an option. First and foremost, my family is el numero uno. The rest of the stuff will fall into place.

I am going to stop babbling now and focus on keeping sane.

6 comments:

Viv said...

You are right everything will fall in to place. Do not think about backing out of the 10K like you said the run/walk thing is always an option. Just take it easy and you got it!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad I managed to help.

I know exactly what you mean about a family member who doesn't sleep through the night!

My family member is 9 months old and still wakes up a lot at night.

your brother said...

Take it for what its worth, but I can help you with some things if need be... I might even come run with ya... Take a step back and a deep breath.

Running Knitter said...

You'll do awesome on the 10K!

Marcy said...

As Dr Phil would say "Now how's that working for you?" I'm glad you figured out that is hasn't been working :-) You'll get back on track and your schedule cleaned up before you know it! ;D

Laura N said...

Hang in, everything will work itself out. You can do the 10k, don't sweat it. Walk when you need to and just have fun. Hope you are having a good week!