Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is April 26th......

and there is snow on the ground!!! There are no words.
*Looking for houses in Arizona (no snow, no rain)*

Today is my 10K, the one that I am not ready for. I am comfortable with 3 miles. I hope by some miracle of God that I can double my milage today and not finish last. The silver lining in this situation is that this race will be an automatic PR. I have never done a 10K before...he he.

Tomorrow is the Mom's retreat. The drama I was referring to in a previous post was regarding my presentation. There will be no AV equipment. It is kind of hard to do Power Point to 100 people without a projector. The solution is 4 mini sessions and foam board. I am still not quite done so today I will be feverishly trying to get it finished.

I will update with my 10K results.
(it is now later)
1:06:01 official chip time.

Not too bad considering the following:
Did not train as hard as I should have,
It was snowing in April,
It was very very windy,
I did not finish last.



My Hubby who did not want to be a spectator braved the cold to watch me run

"Rite of Spring" my ass! Notice the winter gear....

A strong finish. Don't laugh because the baby jogger is ahead of me.

8 comments:

RunningNan said...

Congrats on the 10k time!!!

Marcy said...

That is just craziness Carly! It's almost May and you all are bundled up LOL

AWESOME JOB chica ;D ;D Sweet job considering the circumstances :-)

Stace said...

GREAT job Carly! The baby jogger is ahead of you, but not the baby jogger pusher! Good luck on the presentation - I KNOW you will do well!

The Young Family said...

I am not laughing at the snow at all - we had snow in April - last weekend... I am in Washington state? what? we got more snow this spring at our home then we did during winter! It is crazy! Literally 2 weeks ago it was 70's and my sun got a sunburn, next week it was snowing! Too crazy - and we don't get much snow at all.

Congrats on your time!

Em

The Young Family said...

I am not laughing at the snow at all - we had snow in April - last weekend... I am in Washington state? what? we got more snow this spring at our home then we did during winter! It is crazy! Literally 2 weeks ago it was 70's and my sun got a sunburn, next week it was snowing! Too crazy - and we don't get much snow at all.

Congrats on your time!

Em

Running Knitter said...

Congrats on an awesome 10K!

Oh, and you won't want to live in Arizona next month when it gets to be 100 degrees. :)

your brother said...

I love the picture of the numb nut in the background not wearing a jacket...

Al's Cooking Light Reviews said...

WTG! You did it! I went and got my t-shirt this mornign and then went a had breakfast.