Sunday, April 27, 2008

Marathon Weekend is O-V-E-R!

I no longer have to stress about this presentation. My McGyver method of using color copies and foam board worked pretty well. Although I am horrid public speaker, I actually had fun doing this. People seemed to like it and I got a lot of positive feedback.

I did have a major numb nuts move today. I brought both of my cameras to this event and I was going to use my older model for our photo booth and my new one to take event photos (while I wasn't presenting). Welllllll......on my brand new camera the auto focus would not work. I switched lenses 4 times and I still had the same problem. I called up my friend who owns the same model to have her help me. She was driving at time the of my frantic phone call and pulled over to come to my aid. Together, we still could not figure out the problem. So I used my older camera for all the events today. When I got home, I pulled out the manual and immediately found the problem.......................

The switch on the front of a camera was set to MANUAL rather than auto focus. This was the most obvious thing and it didn't click with me to check that. The lack of sleep is catching up me.

This was a beyond busy weekend. I never thought I would say this, but I am so glad Monday is right around the corner.

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad it went well, camera snafu and all.

RunningNan said...

LOL.. It's always the most obvious thing!

RunningNan said...

LOL.. It's always the most obvious thing!

Laura N said...

First, congrats on the 10k! I cannot believe you got snow Saturday. Yikes.

Glad you got through the presentation. Careful, if you were too good they'll want you to do that more often. =) At least you had your old camera with you, too.

Hope your week is uneventful.

Pokey said...

Nice 10K Carly!!!!!!!!! SWEET!

But do you have a fever now? Did I read correctly...you are ready for Monday?

Silly woman ;)