Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up-Tootin' My Own Horn

It has been really has been a great weekend (aside from being too short). The weather on Friday and Saturday was PERFECT! We were in the 60's....that is not a type-o. There is snow in the forecast today, but I think we are just getting some rain. It will be a good day for house projects.

This past week was really good! I ran and I completed my goals I set for myself last Sunday. I think it helped to post it where people will read it. I keeps me honest. I think I am back to where I was before I got sick. I might be slightly slower, but I can complete the mileage.

I also am down another pound. Which means I have lost my first 10! I am going to take some progress pictures to keep as a visual reminder of why I should stay far far away from the Little Debbies and the Doritos. I was faithful to Weight Watchers all week with the exception of last nights cocktails and late night snack. I am back at it today and back on the no booze during the week.

On Friday night, I did something for the Chubby Chick record book, I made running a priority before eating. We had family coming for dinner and we were having my favorites, burgers, cake and cocktails. I told myself I could only indulge in them if I ran. I was a good trade off. A few months ago, I would not have considered doing any such thing. I would have cut the cake, had a slice or two, and blame the kids for getting into the cake before anyone came.

I have tooted my own horn enough for one day. It feels good to finally have something good to report.

I am playing with my blog template. I am in the process of spring cleaning my house so I thought my blog could use a fresh look as well.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Great job, Carly!

Toot the horn, chickie you deserve it. Let's keep it up..I say let's cause I am on the same boat with ya :-)

Andrew is getting fit said...

Well done! It's important to celebrate the milestones so toot away!

Running Knitter said...

Awesome job! Keep it up!