Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wild Wednesday!

After yesterday's morning mishap, I took the cyber kick in the keister and got my rear out of bed to go for a run this morning. Last night I had some PTA momma drama (which I will post about later) and I needed a way to blow off some steam.

EVERYTHING made me giggle while I was out this morning.

First, I called Uncle Larry, and instead of ringing I heard Baby Got Back. Right away that put a smile on my face.

Then, it was my IPod play list that had me in stitches. I have a very wide range of music that I like. I started to laugh when I compared my hubby's song choices to my own. We share a music library and now I am rethinking that idea.
Mine:
Limp Bizkit
Motley Crue
Kid Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd


His:
Barbie Girl
ABBA
Spice Girls
Techno version of Country Roads (yes the John Denver song)

Then as I was rounding the doing my last .2 miles, this lady starts applauding me. She was clapping and she yelled "I am so proud of you for getting out there". ????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure how to take that. Am I that big that random strangers feel the need to encourage the fat runner? Or do I just look funny running? Either way it cracked me up and left me scratching my head. This episode made me wonder if this was why the Direct TV guy flipped me the bird.

The last thing isn't funny, but it probably was for onlookers. There was a dead raccoon in the middle of the street. I find it strange to see such wildlife in the middle of the city, but I have seen stranger things I guess. As I passed the road kill, I started dry heaving and gagging. I got some crazy stares from cars driving by and fellow pedestrians.

All of this occurred in 2.75 miles. Who knew running could be so entertaining at 6:30 AM???? This wacky Wednesday deserves a visit from Sir Mix-A-Lot.

Enjoy!



11 comments:

Laura N said...

Well good for you for getting out there this morning. Looks like you've gotten the motivation you need. That's a lot of funny on one run. The DTV guy flipped you the bird while on a run? How bizarre. Hope you are having a good Wednesday!

your brother said...

I wish she would have hugged you like at the end of a race... by the wat there is nothing wrong with the techo version of COuntry Roads... Who do you think he got it from...

Al's Cooking Light Reviews said...

Your post had me cracking up.

thebets said...

Wow...your husband seriously needs a music make-over!

Good job for gettin' up early and goin' for a run...sounds like you had fun, minus the road kill and the Direct T.V.guy. : )

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad you enjoyed it!

Chief Wahoo said...

Love your playlist...not so sure about a John Denver song regardless of the version...

Marcy said...

WHAT?!?! ROFLMAO HAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAA Your husband has ABBA and Barbie Girl on his list? Man, I gotta meet him! LOL

jkrunning said...

I have a happy mix of both those play lists.

Stace said...

...red beans and rice did miss her...LOL I didn't even know there was a techno version of Country Roads. How funny! Great job on the run, and thanks for sharing the Sir Mix-A-Lot!!

Pokey said...

My hubby likes ABBA too.....THAT gives ME the dry heaves!!! LOL!!

Nice job getting out for a good run! I say take the cheers and rock on!

RunningNan said...

Funny, I flipped someone off yesterday while running. Me and my running buddy were in the middle of the cross walk, and she waved me on to move out of her way as she turned onto the street. I flipped her off. Pedestrians have the right away.. right?

I look forward to reading your blog!