Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Chubby Chick got Chubbier

Confession time.

I am back to square one. My pants are tight, the scale has really awful numbers on it, and I huff and puff going up the steps. I am just a couple of pounds from where I started my weight loss journey. Also, I have not run since the 10k that was over 2 weeks ago.

My moment of truth came when my 3 year old called me fat. I offered to break his other leg if he didn't zip it, but he was right. I *AM* fat and I am not doing anything about it except making pathetic excuses. Little stresses sent me into a horrible downward spiral and now I have to start over.

I know I have blogged about how I am going to lose weight and get serious. I told my husband that this time I REALLY mean it and he just rolled his eyes. In order to start making these changes, I pulled out the book I got sucker punched into buying and I am starting to actually use it. The two things that I have got out of it so far is that I must make time to work out and that life happens so have a back-up plan.

My plan is to get up before the birds to get my workout in. I am going to set my alarm for 5AM every morning and just do it. After 21 days it should be a habit, right? My better half is not going to be happy while I develop this routine because the alarm is on his side of the bed (evil grin). Not only will it be great to have that part of my day crossed off the list, but the endorphins from my runner's high should keep me slightly more sane when my kiddos drive me nuts. If my plan fails, my back up is to get it done before I get to go to bed.

It is too bad that I had to gain all my weight back to learn that life happens. If I got this stressed out from being busy, annoyed with crazy PTA moms, and EFK's bone breaking antics, I am screwed if something real comes about. I plan to regroup before face planting into a bag of chips.

Now the real challenge comes with running. My half marathon is about 5 weeks away. I need to get serious and focus on training. I ran a whole .5 miles yesterday before I died and had to walk home. I have pulled out miracle mileage before and I will do it again but I have a lot of work to do.

12 comments:

Marcy said...

Starting off a plan is always good ;D ;D Just do one small thing at a time. If you try and drastically switch everything, it's crazy hard. But if you just focus one thing at a time it's more a manageable. Once you get the hang of the 5am wakeup, then move on to something else that's small . . like let's say Not drinking soda or something. Granted, it's not SUPER FAST results, but losing weight isn't always super fast. Well . .unless you see Dr 90210 and have that crap suctioned out LOL

You can do it Carly!! ;D ;D

Viv said...

Carly, you can do it! That is the great thing of this plan when we follow it, it does allow for life. I have been jumping between these 5-8 pounds since March..EEK! I believe that 1/2 marathon will spank your butt in to gear. Go get it chicke!!

I get the eyeroll from the DH all the time.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I don't know how many times I've started at square one. It happens.

Focus on the 5AM wakeup, and then when that is mastered, go to something else (and still do the 5AM wakeup).

You can definitely do this!

Andrew is getting fit said...

5am starts get easier after 21 days for sure. You can do it.

Pokey said...

You can soooo do this Carly!

I have literally BEEN THERE, DONE THAT in regaining the weight. It happens.....so move on! Dont beat yourself up....just make the changes, which you KNOW you can do, and get back on track.

It CAN be done and you CAN do it!!!

I am beginning the morning workout project too....cause I'm just too tired at night and it ends up not getting done :I So you wanna call me and drag my butt out of bed too!! ;)

audgepodge said...

Hi there - we've all been there... the awesome thing is that you recognize it and you've got a great attitude for a fresh new start! Good luck - keep checking in with the blogging family, that's what keeps me out there - they're so motivating!

Running Knitter said...

It will get easier with each morning - just don't give up! You can do it!!

RunningNan said...

You can borrow my doggie for a week.. She'll get you up at the butt crack of dawn! She runs too! I've been kicking around the same 3 pounds for a few months now. I'm on a vicious cycle where it seems to be stuck. I run 5 miles a day, 4-5 days a week. I guess I just need to account for more.

Tammy said...

Carly- I'm right there with you. I've actually been waking up every day at 5am without an alarm, and I still come up with an excuse why I need that extra hour of sleep. Every. Day.

You can do this!

P.O.M. said...

With a half marathon in 5 weeks, that will help get ya motivated.

You know what to do~now just implement it. And early mornings do get easier and easier.

Good luck chica.

Laura N said...

You can do it! Keep us posted, 'cause accountability is a HUGE motivator, yes?

And don't expect to be perfect--that will just lead to failure. Do the best you can and try to get some consistency in your life, but do not aim for perfection. Because that does not exist for anyone.

Now go get 'em tiger!

John, Kristen & Aldo said...

Remember... Our weekly goal. One step at a time and we are doing it together! Not much help since it's PMS week! Grrr!!! But I think I saw the scale drop one number this morning. Not sure, couldn't see past my boobs!