Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eleven Blissful Years

My husband and I just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We are both still alive too. When you have been married for as long as we have you have fights like this:

Me: Thanks for the Garmin, How do I use it?
Him: Read the manual
Me: **blank stare**
Him: Really, I don't need to do it for you.
Me: You know I don't read directions
Him: I am not doing it.
Me: Take it back then....Hmmmmmfp


So now I am blogging, and he is looking at the user manual. Ha!

After 11 years there are a few things he should know about me:
1. I never ever read instructions,
2. I screw things up because I don't read the directions
3. I am a spoiled brat

Thankfully he loves me anyway.

We celebrated our anniversary on Friday night. We suckered my brother to watch all 3kiddos and we went to dinner at a place that did not have a drive through. We ate like linebackers. When I ordered my wine, the lady asked if I wanted to "try" it. I said "nope, this is fine" as I immediately started chugging. I am not sure what classy people do, but if it has "wine" on the label, I am fine with it.

After two glasses of wine and a very heavy dinner we decided to go get a drink. This is where my common sense left me. I decided to have mini martinis that were not so mini, an Appletini, a Cosmo, and a Chocolatini. Quite the mix with the wine. They were good and I was good and drunk. We relieved my brother of his childcare duties and I had another cocktail with him and played Guitar Hero. Lets just say, I slept well that night and had to take a nap the next day.

My progress towards my weight loss slowed down this weekend. I still got up 5-5:30AM just to be consistent but my diet and exercise was less than par. I am recommitted and I am going to work hard this week.

10 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

RunningNan said...

OOh. I feel like I need a nap after reading! Happy anniversary!

Marcy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! ;D ;D

ROFLMAO!! HAHAHAHAH "I'm not sure what classy people do" Yeah that has me written all over it! You chug that wine!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Oh, I hate having to taste the wine before drinking it.

Congrats on the anniversary! After 11 years, he should have known to have that thing programmed when he gave it to you!

Tammy said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

your brother said...

Shit... I just realized I never said Happy Anniversary to you and Donnie... I am such a bad brother... Well to make it up to you I will have Kristen watch the kids...

Laura N said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun night.

Viv said...

Happy Anniversary, a lil late.

I love those little fights. Who else can you do that with. LOL! That Garmin manual is a big one.

Lovin the new look around here.

The Young Family said...

congrats to you both, eleven years is nothing to sneeze at...

chug the wine - I am impressed it wasn't from a box!!

Em

Stace said...

Happy Anniversary!