Friday, May 23, 2008

Good News Friday!

Happy Friday! I am excited to report that the transplant surgery was a success. Both my friend and the recipient are doing very well as per the report from her husband this morning. They both remain in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I am excited that she was able to give the gift of life to her friend's mother so she can once again enjoy life and her family. I am very proud to call her my friend.

Her decision to do this was an eye opener for me. She makes me want to be a better person. Going that extra mile for someone can brighten someone's day (or this this case save someone's life). What might seem like no big deal to me might mean the world to someone else. While I am not sure I can make the same decision to be a live organ donor, I CAN check up on my neighbors, bring food to my pregnant friend on bed rest, or simply call my grandmother more. I know for me it is easy to get wrapped up in my own life but just stepping out once in a while can make a huge impact on someone else.

On a different topic. I was able to run 3 miles today without too much trauma. I didn't have any of the problems that I previously reported. I am going to push my training a bit this weekend and do doubled-up runs to get some milage in.

Happy Memorial Weekend!!

7 comments:

Viv said...

I am glad they pulled through the surgery well. That is very wonderful news.

WTG Carly with the running!!

D10 said...

Glad to hear all went well with the surgery. I agree that there are many little things we can do each day that can make a big difference in someone else's life.

Great job on the run. Enjoy the weekend.

Lily on the Road said...

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well and everyone is recovering nicely. One of my very good friends daughter (age 20) just went through a heart transplant.

Whether you are a live donar, donor, helping a neighbour or just making a difference in the life of a child....that's why we are here....just my opinion of course...

BTW, have a great long weekend and enjoy your running!!!

Anonymous said...

Staci is our daughter-in-law. We all love and admire the gentle, quite, loving, selfless person she is. Watching her graduate from Boot Camp made our hearts swell and brought tears to our eyes. We are now in complete awe of this remarkable woman and reading all your kind words once again brings tears to our eyes.

I believe she has not only helped Pat (the liver receipient) but all those her know her and read about her. She is a living angel.

Laura N said...

That's great news. And yay you on the run!

I'm with you on getting wrapped up in your own life. I barely have time to think most days, let alone think of someone else. But, that's not very satisfying. A life spent serving others is a well spent life, indeed.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Glad your friend and the recipient are doing well.

Also that your training is going well.

Have a nice holiday.

Stace said...

Great job on the run Carly!
I like to think that our friends are a reflection of who we are. You wouldn't have good friends if you weren't a good person, and you have a lot of really great friends!