Monday, May 5, 2008

Introducing EFK

This is Evel-F***ing-Kenevel otherwise known as EFK.
EFK with his best "Evil" look

This name was originally given to my dare-devil brother but we have passed it on to the next generation.

Today was finally a beautiful day in Minnesota and the boys were outside all day. That is until EFK decided it was a fantastic idea to jump off the slide platform. When I heard the cry, I knew he was hurt. Like every good mother, I chewed him out for this action, cleaned him up, and put him down for a nap.

He woke up from his nap crying and that was indicator that he needed to go to the ER. My hubby came home and took him to Children's. Three hours later, we found he*JUST* has a sprain.
***EDIT*** THE RADIOLOGIST JUST CALLED AND IT IS OFFICIALLY FRACTURED.


Icing the foot. It is going to be a long summer!

I read someplace that boys take 7 years off of a mother's life. I believe it 100% and I am in big trouble with this child. This is not his first incident. In December, the paramedics had to be called because he fell down the steps and knocked himself out (while my parents were babysitting). Last July he broke his leg while jumping on the bed. The summer before that he got stitches in is eye because he caught the back swing of his brother's golf club. Did I mention he is only 3 years old?

I think the ER should have VIP treatment for frequent visitors like us. Instead I pray that we are not being flagged for a visit from Social Services. This kid's college fun is going to either fund his hospital bills or my stint at Betty Ford.

This isn't exactly what I wanted to blog about today. I have no workout to report today or for the past week. I have been in recovery mode from my 10k (yeah that is it) and I am taking some time to regroup and get organized.

11 comments:

Laura N said...

Oh poor kid! Poor mama too. 7 years? Geez. I laughed out loud at the "only 3 years old" comment. My little guy is only 2 1/2 and thankfully has only launched himself head first over the end of the couch once, and that's the extent of his dare devil stunts so far. Although I did stop him from jumping off the deck the other day.

Hope he heals quickly.

Marcy said...

Oh my gawd! There is always 1 of them in the family, isn't there? My 2 y.o. is similar but not AS daredevily LOL. I hope he heals up quick. I'm sure he'll be up to his antics in no time :P Poor Carly! LOL

RunningNan said...

No kidding, but my friend actually got a VIP type of card. It was a way to speed up her check in process while she had back problems. I hope he heals fast!

your brother said...

I have ordered him matching shirts... one for the ER visits, and another with "EFK" on it. I see he is taking after me... Maybe you should have came over for cocktails last night...

Al's Cooking Light Reviews said...

AFLAC!

The Young Family said...

Wow I am still laughing at the "I chewed him out for his actions" comment ~ that is so me! I am sorry your head is bleeding profusely but you shouldn't have done X - Y and Z! Too funny.

Em

Viv said...

Oh goodness. I had never heard that boys take years off of a Mom's life. I TOTALLY AGREE! I hope he heals quickly. Hang in there Carly. Seems like you will be running to get things for hime, that is some ap's huh?

Yasmin said...

hmm... that explains why child services emailed me today...

Tammy said...

Ahhh, I remember when my boy was 3. He talked his sister into climbing onto the roof of our porch with him.

Fun-ny!

Wish I could say it gets better...

Anonymous said...

He sounds a lot like my little man who at the tender age of 2 1/2 feel out of a 2 story window, landed on a cement patio, was air lifted to the hospital and came home the next day with a broken left femur(upper leg) and a half body cast for 6 weeks. Now a year later has NO fear of heights and scares the living you know what out of me. Boys, I don't get it. Somebody should warn us about them. I hope he is up and running again soon.

Pokey said...

Oooooh, Carly.....you poor mama!!!

Good thing he's just too cute....that way you can resist the urge to tie him to a chair so he cant injure himself anymore :)

Arent boys just great? HUGS!!!