Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just Click the Clicker

My parents belong to a health club and they have health insurance. Their insurance reimburses them for going the the club a certain amount every month. Leave it to them to be cleaver enough to get around the system. They will drive out of the way, scan their cards at the club, and leave. Today my mom drove up to the door, dropped me off, and made me "click the clicker" so they could get credit for being at the gym. Yes, they made me do their dirty work.

My parents should write a book on all of their clever ideas. My dad has mastered the Wii whilst sitting in a recliner. He totally kicked my ass playing skee ball all and did not move from his Lazy Boy. My mom taught me how to save money on cards. She and my dad were shopping one day and it happened to be their anniversary. Rather than caring enough to send the very best, she brought dad to the card section and picked out her favorite one and read it to him in the store. He in turn did the same thing. A romantic money saver!

My parents crack me up! They are the best. Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!! (she is an avid reader of my little blog)

11 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I like that idea of clicking the clicker!

Marcy said...

OMFG HAHAHHAHAHAAA Your parents are the best! That's too funny!

I can see an added bonus to the card thing. I mean really, all we do is throw them out anyway. Nothing like saving the environment LOL

RunningNan said...

I hate cards! I tell everyone not to get me one just for that reason!

Viv said...

Happy Mother's Day Carly & Mom!
ROFLMAO! They are quite a pair your parents. Gotta love em'! My Mom just sends me e-cards to save on the card.

your brother said...

And they ask what is wrong with us???

Al's Cooking Light Reviews said...

Your post cracked me up!

Laura N said...

That's hysterical! Esp. the card part. I loathe spending $3.69 (or more!) for a card that just goes in the trash 60 seconds after it's read. What a brilliant solution.

Hope you have a great week, Carly.

The Young Family said...

That is too funny!

The funny thing is when you are driving to the gym, making your kids click your clicker to get the credit..... isn't that what happens we turn into our parents?

I am some deep trouble folks!

Em

Tammy said...

Clicking the clicker... That is too much! LOL!

Chief Wahoo said...

That is too funny!

Stace said...

Way too funny! Thanks for the great ideas : )