Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday

I can't believe it is already Thursday. Where did the week go? I guess having a long weekend screws up my normal routine. I have been so busy that I wish I could clone myself to get things done that are being neglected. For example, my oldest son had T-ball pictures last night. Ten minutes before they had to leave we tore apart the house looking for his jersey. It was found in the couch. I am not sure how it got there, but we found it and it had not been washed. So my son had T-ball pics in a wrinkled, dirty t-shirt. I can't wait to see those pictures. I certainly won't be winning any Super Mom awards anytime soon.

I got some sort of bug that hit me Tuesday night. I came home from work and had the worst stomachache. It was so bad that I was doubled over in pain and it did not get any better on Wednesday. I went to bed around 8:00 and slept through until 6:30. I must have had a fever because I woke up soaking wet. Yuck. I am feeling a bit better today, but still not quite right. My boys were complaining of a stomachache too and I am just chalking it up to another fun time at our house. Also, poor baby diva has impetigo all over her mouth. gross!!!! I can't help but call her my little fungus.

The bug has put a little damper on my workouts. I did almost 3 on Monday. I ran around the lake. I love changing up the route a little bit. We live so close to the Chain of Lakes that it is a shame that I don't take advantage of it more. Great people watching too!!! I am shooting to do a run tonight even though I am still having issues. A run/walk might be in order.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I am booked solid with photo jobs! I am so excited because I am getting paid for my work. I received a phone call out of the blue on Monday night asking if I could be a second shooter at a wedding this Saturday. I jumped on it and said YES!!! This is my favorite kind of work. I love doing weddings as long as I am not the lead photographer. As a second shooter, I get to focus on the fun candid shots rather than the posed formal pictures. They are so fun to do and I get the opportunity to get really creative.

More good news, my friend is home from the hospital. She is already itching to be running again. I have not been going to the gym to meet her while she is been out. It just is not fun going by myself. I had better watch out because I know she is not going to be down long. I have a feeling when she gets the green light to run, she will still be able to kick my ass!

Sunday I am planning a long run of 7-8 miles. I am mentally preparing now.

4 comments:

Viv said...

yaa on the paying gigs!

You will do great on your long run this weekend. I have faith in you.

Great news on your friend being home already!!

RunningNan said...

good luck on the long run! You can do it!

I once had impetigo when I was a kid. That was the most miserable week of my life!

Stace said...

Congrats on the paying jobs and good luck on the run! You are going to have a great, productive weekend!

D10 said...

Hope you are feeling better and the kids too. Have fun this weekend, I am sure you are going to take some beautiful pictures. Good luck on the run, I am sure you will do great.