Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a video game person. We picked up the Wii Fit today and immediately started playing. I am hooked. I may have a new mission in life, and that would be to kick Wii's ass! This is the electronic version of the Biggest Loser. No rainbows or puppies, just hard core taunting. It all started out nice, that was until I stepped on to the platform. "OUCH!" was the response from Wii.

Meet Obese Carly. Funny, my Mii automatically porked out upon doing the body profile. According to this bad boy, my BMI is 30. The measurement of weight was EXTREMELY accurate so I am afraid that my BMI is correct. With that number, I am officially in the obese category. The other thing that was bad was my "Wii Age", it was 42!!!! That baseline makes me want to work very hard to get these numbers down.

It is down right scary how close my Mii is to what I really look like. *shudder*

Below are photos of me Hula Hooping. It is not as easy as it looks. Especially when the guy in the corner whips hoops at you while you are trying to keep the hoop up.
When you lose, you get a look like this on your face and they play really really sad music.
I have a challenge now. This thing is going down! LOL

12 comments:

Running Knitter said...

I so need to get a Wii. :)

RunningNan said...

Ive been hearing a lot about that. I think it's time for a Wii. I'm not one to play those, but it sounds like a great work out!

Viv said...

That is so awesome! I have heard others blogging baout this, but you put the pics of ur virtiual self and I love IT! I gotta get the kid over here a wii.

Marcy said...

Oh my gawd!! I SOOOOOOOO HAVE TO GET THIS NOW!! I was going to wait until the winter when things get slow (in terms of running). But now I want it!!

ROFLMAO Carly, you never fail to crack me up. Who else would put up the "fail" screenshot HAHAHAHAHAAA. I *heart* you.

P.O.M. said...

That looks really fun! Kick it's ass!

Lily on the Road said...

Too funny!!

I'd hate to get onto that thing...does is show an oversized elephant? Cause I'd be the elephant trying the hoola hoop....LMAO!

your brother said...

my self image is low enough... I am going to stick to guitar hero when I am over there. I do not need a computer to tell me I am fat. thats why we have Baba...

Tammy said...

I love it!

We just got a Wii at my house this week (8th grade graduation gift). I think we may neeeeed this game...

thebets said...

Oh my, that's hilarious! I totally want to try it!

Thanks for the encouragement on my post today too : ).

Pokey said...

I have been just waiting to get to the store to get that badboy. I need to go kick some Wii butt ;)

Non-Runner Nancy said...

OMG, I just picked mine up, waiting for the kiddies to go down so I can play, but I'm not so sure about it saying OUCH. This could be an all out war. We'll have to keep each other updated. Loved your blog and you are adorable. Kick some Wii butt. :D

Nanc

Jade Lady said...

Hmm, never heard of this - the pics you posted are great - esp the one with the hula hoop!