Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Banana Eye

I have food allergies and a lot of them. One of the many things I am allergic to are bananas. I know I should not keep them in the house, but the rest of the family does not have a problem with them so I still buy them. Today I cut one up for Baby Diva and I was careful about not touching it. I thought I was in the clear, but I was wrong. As I was cleaning her up, she touched my eye. It didn't take long for my eyes to swell and get really itchy. My left eye swelled so bad that it looked like I got punched. I got some funny stares when I went into work today. I just responded "bar fight". Only in my world.....

I had to swap times to run today because of my off day work day. I ran in the afternoon rather than the morning. I can say running after popping Benedryl is not a good recipe for a decent run. I had the cement leg syndrome along with banana eye. I must have looked great running today. I didn't blow it off because I am determined to shed a few lbs while doing the Independence Day Weight Loss Challenge. It is a great motivation tool.

I am patting myself on the back because I had a HUGE NSV today. My friend and I went to see the Sex and the City movie and I did not have popcorn, pop, or booze! I am not afraid to toot my own horn.

14 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Great NSV. I would've gone for the popcorn! :)

Viv said...

Ohhh Banana eye. I hope the swelling has gone down. Man, do I love me some bananas too. OK I prolly am not helping.

Carly, I am so proud of you for passing on the movie stuff. I did water and 1 cosmo and banked a bunch of ap's that night. I think we are officially gung ho OP. LOL!

Doing great with the running and OP'ness!!

Marcy said...

OMFG Carly ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA "Banana eye" Ooohhhh girl that is too funny! Well not that you're eye is messed up but the terminology. I hope you feel better :-)

Al's CL Reviews said...

They serve booze at the movies?
I must now go...

Tammy said...

I was not such a good girl when I went to see SATC. Ah, well...

I love the visual- banana eye, cement legs. Sounds like your run was a real blast!

Delane said...

ouch!

I will be having 1 cosmo tomorrow before SATC but I plan on banking 10 APs tomorrow :-)

D10 said...

You should be so proud of yourself. First, running with a swollen eye due to allergies and then not having any "movie food" good for you Carly! Keep it up.

Jen said...

You go ahead and toot that horn, girl! I would've caved.

I'm glad to not be the only freak in the world who is allergic to bananas.

Stace said...

LMAO!!! Banana Eye, Cement Leg!
And you didn't use it as an excuse to give in. Great job! I hope you are feeling better today!

Amy said...

LOL at bar fight!

Congrats on the NSV. I always pop my own and put in my large bag. They don't check:)

RunningNan said...

great NSV! I was saved by the long lines that my friend didn't want to wait in.

Banana Eye is a new one. I am sorry that you are allergic to them. That would make me very upset as I love bananas and everything you can make with them.

Laura N said...

Holy cow, I've never heard of anyone being allergic to bananas. I bet it's tough to diet with that many food allergies.

Congrats on the NSV. Booze at the movies, though? Do you guys smuggle it in? =) I find it nearly impossible to sit in a theater and not eat something.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

The Young Family said...

Sorry to hear of your banana eye! That bites!

Hope you are feeling better.

Em

thebets said...

Ugh...banana eye?!?! Ever consider getting an epipen? It sounds like it's pretty serious!
Way to go on the movie food triumph!