Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Don't Flip Out"

Those are the words my husband said to me as I walked in the door last night. It was not a great way to welcome me home after an all day unpaid photo shoot. He then faced the lap top towards me to show me the latest stuff the boys pulled. I was horrified!!!!!!! My reaction was probably 400 times worse than it should have been but I was exhausted and starving. I muttered a string of four letter words and just went to bed. The pictures below illustrate the antics.



It is a good thing that I think they are cute otherwise they would be free to a good home. I have chilled out a bit and now I think it is kind of funny. After all, they are the ones that have to live with that hair do and that is punishment enough. Like a great mother, I took pictures and blogged about it. Ha! Who said kids safety scissors could not do any damage.

Ten mile update....the run has been postponed. I set out this morning to run the lakes but I was exhausted and sore from my marathon day yesterday. I was not prepared to do 10 this morning and not properly "fueled". Plus there were a bunch of trees down after a bad storm last night. I will be doing it either tonight or tomorrow. I did do a 3 mile run/walk. At least it was something.

Happy Father's Day!

19 comments:

your brother said...

LOL!!!!! I can not wait to come over today to see this...

Andrew is getting fit said...

I like how you shared the evidence with the world. Digital footprints are forever. :)

Marcy said...

OMFG OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry Carly but that is hee-larious! Doesn't every kid do this at some point or another? I probably won't be laughing when it happens to me.

And I *heart* you're little jello shot post HAHAHAHAHHAAAA Too funny!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I did this when I was little. Everyone does it. At least no trips to the ER were made.

Hope the day is good.

Jen Den said...

This is hilarious. I did it when I was little too. My sister did it once. She put the hair back in her head....came in the room, did a cartwheel and the hair fell on the floor. She goes, "How did that happen?"

So. Yeah. They didn't do that.

Beat 'em.

Viv said...

OMG Carly!! I am glad mine does not have an enabler..hehehe!

Go get that 10 :-)

paige said...

Hiding all the scissors pronto! Looks like something my wee one would do and with hair nearly to her waist I'd have to kill her! LOL

D10 said...

Great pictures! This will be a story to look back on. Your boys are cute, I can see how their looks save them. Good luck on the 10.

kara said...

BWAH! Good for you for not running out and buzzing off their hair.

And at least there are no broken bones!

chia said...

AWWWWWW that is so cute :-)

Kelly said...

OMG. My DD has cut her hair 3 times. First was a full-on mullet. SO not pretty. 2nd and 3rd time were just bang "trims" though she denied it each time and said that the hair musta just "fallen off".

Ha.

Gotta love em!

Stace said...

LMAO!! They are still cute : )
I did this too, right before a scheduled photo, so I also have to live with the evidence.

Tammy said...

Yeah, my DD's 1st grade picture was right after one of those "full-on mullet" cuts that she gave herself.

It makes good ammunition now that she's 14.

Laura N said...

They still look adorable, even with their hair whacked off. (and at least they are boys and not girls!)

Nicole said...

OMG, Carly! LMFFAO!

Your boys are super cute!

Julia said...

Bwah!!! It's a rite of passage, I think. Every kid has to cut their hair and their siblings at least once in their life!

Kelly said...

Oh my God Carly! Been there :)

P.O.M. said...

That's awesome! I'm sure those pics will come in handy when they get their first girlfriends. ha ha.

Dawn said...

LOL!!! That's boys for ya'! Great pics!