Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fugly Shoes

It dawned on me today that I am on slippery slope to frumpy mom territory. I know my wardrobe is not great at the moment but I am not *completely* out of date. I just don't want to buy tons of clothes in my current size. I have enough just to get by. What is out of date are my shoes!

My running shoes are my most fashionable ones that I own. Sad, but very true. If Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" saw my current collection, I would be publicly flogged. I confess.....I have been wearing my "maternity" shoes. These these are the type of shoes you don't buy for being cute. They serve a purpose of being comfortable and fitting over things once called feet. Yes, I am still wearing these ugly black slip-ons. If that isn't bad enough, I own two pairs....mules and a sandal version. They don't go with anything and have I mentioned they are ugly?

Now that I have snapped back into reality for fear of beginning to look like one of my in laws (kidding), I am going to reward myself with a new pair of shoes. When I hit my 10lb mark, I am going to the store to make an update to my sorry collection. When my give-a-damn goes away, I just need to look in my closet to get my mojo back. Hell, I should be embarrassed to be seen in public wearing these things and I don't want to be stuck wearing them forever.

A picture of my really fugly shoes

I tried something new today. I worked out over my lunch hour. I feel great and it was nice to get out of the office for a bit. A bunch of my co-workers go as well so I wasn't lonely. Rather than running, I did the Elliptical machine for about 35 minutes. Man, that is a bitch! My ass feels like it got a good workout. I am going to try do this again on Thursday. If I keep doing this machine, I will have my shoes next week! :)

10 comments:

RunningNan said...

I love mid-day working out. It gives me that much needed break, and I feel energized when I come back..

You should hit up target for some shoes. I'm stopping the gobs of money on dress shoes. They just get ruined by the elements up here, so it's not worth it. I scored 2 cute pairs at Target this weekend.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Carly! I agree with runningnan, Target usually has cute shoes and they're always cheap! Forget spending an arm and a leg on those babies. The kids usually just poop on them anyway :P

Viv said...

Oh this is getting serious...The lunch workouts, you go!

LOL at the shoes! Carly, you are too much! I could'nt agree better with a new shoes 10lb award. Sounds like a great plan!

Stace said...

Great job on the midday workouts!
I must concur with runningnan and marcy - Target has some really cute shoes : )

Al's CL Reviews said...

WTG on the workout.


My best shoes are my running ones. Otherwise, I don't like to wear them.

Amy said...

LOL, I always hear Stacey's voice in my head when buying shoes, etc. Sad but true:)

Congrats on the lunch run!

Tammy said...

I love lunchtime workouts! The only drawback to my current job is that I can't really break away every day.

See, I'm just the opposite. I have cute shoes, but my clothes are fugly and frumpy. I refuse to spend much money on my current size when I have a closet full of perfectly cute clothes in a size 6!

Lily on the Road said...

Dang girl, get out the trash can, hangers and all in it goes!!!

It is almost time for some nice swishy sandals...

I just bought some Capri pants with little applicates and just realised today that I have a Lobster on each cheek!! GAH!!

LMAO

Delane said...

Okay I have seen worse.....but..they were on a homeless man sleeping on a park bench...

j/k

Nicole said...

I, too, refuse to buy clothes in my current size :) The worst is when you see something that it totally adorable, but there is no way you want it to fit the body you are currently in and you can't convince yourself its okay to buy it in the size you "hope" you'll be.

Whoa is me!