Monday, June 2, 2008

Hail Storm

On Saturday we got hit with mother of a hail storm. It was beautiful all day long and when evening rolled in so did the clouds. I was watching the clouds as I was driving home from the wedding thinking.."that bride got lucky (weather wise anyway)". Just then my husband called and said "watch out for the hail". click. It immediately started hailing. Traffic that was moving at 70mph was now coming to screeching halt. I was almost in a panic because the stretch of freeway that I was on is notorious for flooding when we get heavy rain. I did not want to be stuck so I trudged on and made it home. Below are the photos after the hail stopped. Thankfully there wasn't any damage just a lot of mess from the trees.





8 comments:

your brother said...

Crap you were not exagerating...It amazed me that while all that was going on, Kristen and I were drinking margaritas on the patio with total sunshine. We never get any bad weather down here in EP it seems

D10 said...

Hail is crazy. We had a storm 2 weeks ago, I swear they were as big as ping pong balls.

Hope you have a great week.

Viv said...

OMG that is not hail but chunks of ice. My goodness. Glad you were not running when that crap started.

Delane said...

gotta love living in the Midwest!

The Young Family said...

that is some great hail pics!

Em

Marcy said...

Wow!! That looks insane!!

Lily on the Road said...

Holy YIKES!!

that is wild!

thebets said...

Holy cow! That's amazing!