Hi, I am Carly and I am fried potato addict. I had tater tots for lunch and they were soooo good. I know, I know they are not good for the weight loss but I just cannot say no to those things. I just earned another hour of working out. Dare I say...they were worth it!
In other news, my window of opportunity to workout yesterday came and went. I chose to wait and do my workout in the evening and it never happened. I was buried with work and I looked up at the clock and it was close to midnight when I hung it up. Lesson learned....I have to workout in the morning before I get my day started because I may not have the chance later.
Also my Garmin is going back. We called yesterday and they said that it is defective and they are sending me a new one. Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait to use it.
Jade Lady tagged me for my spin on 5 running facts.
1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
15 years ago I was a decent runner and excelled in track and field. 10 years ago, I was overweight, a smoker, and pretty much a couch potato.
2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
was crossing the finish line of Twin Cities Marathon in 2001. It was my first one and although I was slow, I didn't come in last. It was a fantastic feeling.
My worst...Hmmmm that might be a 3 way tie:
1. Passing out at the finish line of a half marathon, waking up in the medic tent only to find my family video taping and laughing at me. This is a long story for a slow blogging day...
2. 2006 Half Marathon when I fell on the course and severely sprained my ankle. I finished with a fantastic PR. The crutches and pain were not fun after effects.
3. Grandma's Marathon 2006 I ran on the sprained ankle mentioned above, had a sinus infection, and it was hotter than hell. I came in an hour after my projected time. I was not happy. My brother also ran the race and I passed his untrained ass at mile 2. Imagine my dismay when I found him at the finish line cooled down with a finisher medal (Another story for a slow blogging day). What had happened is he blew his knee and had to be shuttled back to the finish line. The same family members that video tapped me in the medic tent were passing out finisher medals and thought it would be HYSTERICAL to give him one and wait for my reaction. Needless to say I was not happy and about a month later my finger imprints left his neck.
3. Why do you run?
To escape my family and to have an equally time consuming hobby as Golf.
4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?
Like Nike says...."Just Do It".
5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I am really a man. J/K. There is not much that people do not know. Here are a couple of facts, I finally passed a couple of songs on Guitar Hero without getting booed off stage, I can swear in Serbian, and am allergic to most healthy food.
There you have it. Those are my random facts. Now I tag:
1. Copy the rules (or your version of them), and the set of questions onto your blog post, provide your own answers, and then tag 5 new people.
2. Be sure that everyone tagged knows they have been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a special comment letting them know, and refer them to your blog for details.
3. Once they've answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you.