Monday, June 16, 2008

Runnin' Fool

I set up a running date with my friend Erin today. We were to meet at the lake at 5:30. Like most mornings, my alarm went off and I hit snooze. After a couple of buzzer rounds I got out of bed, threw my running garb on, and headed out. I got there and waited......then waited some more. After about 15 minutes, I realized Erin wasn't coming so I ran without her.

Later that morning she called me....laughing. She thought we set it up for 5:30 PM. After all, that is when normal people go running. I did think it was strange that she would get up extremely early to drive across town to run a couple of miles but I guess I didn't think to ask. Whatever. We both got a kick out of it and twelve hours later we met do our run.

Weight loss challenge update.......thumbs down. I gained 1.8!!!!! Something needs to give.
I ran twice today.
First run: Almost 3 miles
Second Run: Almost 6 miles run/walk

15 comments:

Delane said...

Woot on the double workout. I'm sure its summer water retention or muscle gain..rumor has it muscle weighs more than fat..LOL

chia said...

I'm up 1.4... this is really getting to be a bummer LOL.

Marcy said...

Alright Carly!! 2 workouts in one day! Sweetness!

Bob Gentile said...

LOL great pics of the Kids new cut on the post below...

ahhhh I did the same thing growing up, well I thought I was cutting my hair straight across but it was actually on an angle--lol and yup my Mom flipped out!!

Nicole said...

That is awesome that you ran twice! I wish I had that kind of motivation :)

D10 said...

Way to work you way through another run!

RunningNan said...

DAmn girl... You make me want to run twice today. I doubt it's muscle gain. Here's an explanation "An increase in exercise time or intensity can lead to a brief gain of a few pounds... If at any time you suddenly increase your exercise time or intensity a significant amount... you may gain a couple of pounds overnight. This will be gone in a matter of 1-2 days. It occurs because a sudden increase in exercise will cause your exercised muscles to take in an extra load of glycogen from subsequent meals. Since glycogen is stored with 3-4 parts water, it means a considerable weight gain"

that explains why I gain when I up my mileage

RunningNan said...

DAmn girl... You make me want to run twice today. I doubt it's muscle gain. Here's an explanation "An increase in exercise time or intensity can lead to a brief gain of a few pounds... If at any time you suddenly increase your exercise time or intensity a significant amount... you may gain a couple of pounds overnight. This will be gone in a matter of 1-2 days. It occurs because a sudden increase in exercise will cause your exercised muscles to take in an extra load of glycogen from subsequent meals. Since glycogen is stored with 3-4 parts water, it means a considerable weight gain"

that explains why I gain when I up my mileage

Stace said...

Woo Hoo! Way to rack up the miles!

paige said...

WTG for being a trooper and running twice!

If that would have been me it would have gone more like this....

"UM, can we hook up tomorrow then because I'm spent."

Al's CL Reviews said...

You know why you gained...a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...LOL!

~Denise~ said...

Running twice in one day, now that's an inspiration to me. ;)

Kelly said...

Impressive! I would have thought 5:30 pm as well. I am NOT a morning person let alone a morning runner! Good for you for getting all those miles in on one day!

Laura N said...

Ha, that's too funny. Great job on running again at 5:30 p.m.!

Viv said...

That sux but you got two runs out of it! It will all be good by weekend no worries.