Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday ADD

I am all over the board today. I can't seem to focus long enough to get anything done. Here is a bit of randomness from my day.

My day started out with a (almost) 3 mile run. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great. My mind was racing. All I could think about was my upcoming race this weekend and how I leave TOMORROW! So much to do, so little time. My thoughts quickly shifted when I got passed by a gal running on her tip toes and arms flailing. What caught my eye was her cartoon character back tat. I wondered if she would regret that decision to get Mickey Mouse (or whoever it was) permanently placed on her lower back at the age of 30?

Thanks to Edward Scissor Hands, I had the ELO song "Hold on Tight" stuck in my head all day. He begged me to download it because he fell in love with it after hearing it on a commercial. I agreed and somehow it ended up on my IPod. Since it was on my IPod, I ended up belting out the song during my run today......Hold on Tight to Your Dreams....YEAH!!! SHOOT.ME!



Now it can be stuck in your head! Ha!

I dinner with Stace tonight and she is doing fantastic!!! I ate my weight in tater tots and had a great time catching up with her. I gave her work updates and she gave me the latest updates on daytime TV. Oh that Maury has some riveting topics!! She is getting the go ahead to run in about 2 weeks. Woo Hoo, very soon I will have my running partner back!



Also, here is a picture from last weekend's event I did with my photographer buddy "Tree". This is seriously one of the only pictures I have of myself where I am not in a hospital bed after birthing a child. Surprise, surprise I have my camera with me.

17 comments:

Marcy said...

OMG I hate you ROFLMAO! I KNEW I should not have clicked "play" I had NO idea what song you were talking about . . . and now I do and now it's stuck in my head HAHAHHAA

You look fabulous chica!! ;D ;D

chia said...

I'm glad you aren't doing either of those activities becasue you ladies look booooooooooooteeefull!

Shiny object brb

D10 said...

Good luck this weekend! Have lots of fun. There are days when I self diagnose myself with ADD.

Julia said...

*sigh* Now I have an earworm. I should know better than to click play...

Glad to hear you'll be getting your running partner back!

Stace said...

Do not click play. Do not click play. Click, oh...dammit!
You look great in that picture! Love the new haircut : )

paige said...

You're looking absolutely fabulous CC!!

Good Luck on your race!

Isn't it funny the things that we're willing to download for the kidlets. When DD was able to sing Godsmack I decided it was probably a good idea to change my music choice when she was around and I now have Hannah Montanna and Aly & A.J on the pod...LOADS of it. Help me now!

P.O.M. said...

Tattoos like that crack me up. My friend got a Disney Aladin genie on her thigh. CREEPY! I still love her, but barely.

OHHH TATER TOTS how do I love thee?

your brother said...

I HATE YOU... A) I clicked play and now the dog is sick of me singing it... B) Nacho Cheese tater tots good at first... bad later!!!

See you tonight in Duluth!!!

Laura N said...

Good luck with the race!!!!!

Tammy said...

Good luck this weekend!

Oh, and I didn't click play. Ha!

Viv said...

Looking super cute Carly!

ADD pre race is totally normal and in my book i have it year round so whatever!

Good luck this weekend!! Looking forward to hearing all about it. I will be thinking about you.

Jen said...

Good luck in Duluth, Carly! I'll be thinking of ya on Saturday morning. Runnin' up all those hills. Bwaaaahaha!

RunningNan said...

every time I visit your page, I have some odd craving for tater tots!

Kelly said...

WOW - you look great!

Delane said...

Dang..now I want tater tots...I love tater tots.. The are little morsels sent from god

John, Kristen & Aldo said...

Did I tell you that I saw ELO at a private concert last year? Yep, everything I remembered about them and more! Let's just say, they haven't changed a bit!!!

daphne said...

wow you look great! Tired of finding ways to burn down your fats easily? Look no more as the newest and fastest fat buster Garcinia Cambogia Extract is finally here!