Tuesday, July 15, 2008

100th Post!!!

*Cue balloon drop and confetti*


Woweee! Times flies while having fun blogging. Eight months and 100 posts I am still going strong....at least on the blogging front. For my 100th post I don't have anything earth-shattering to blog about. I am still fat and still injured. I am trying my darnedest to make healthier choices and shut off the voice of the fat girl in me.
Someone from the Wise World of Weight Watchers, once said "being the the program is really hard, but being fat is harder". This statement just recently clicked with me. It is so true! I had a flashback to the summer of 2006. I had shed a few pounds, was pretty fit, and actually started to get comfortable in my own skin. I made a list of the benefits I enjoyed when I was living "clean".


--I could shop at "normal" stores and wear "normal" sizes
--My ass did not bounce in the opposite direction while running
--I had hot legs (Even though I still had to shed a few lbs....my legs were smokin '
--I had collar bones,cheek bones, and only one chin
--It was nice to hear how GREAT I looked
--I ran better
--I had more energy
--I wasn't as crabby
--I didn't feel like the fattest one in the room
--I didn't hate myself in photos
--I was not ashamed to be in a bathing suit
--People didn't have the look of shock on their face when I told them I was a runner

This list is just a few of things that enhanced my life two years ago. I can't blame my pregnancy for the weight gain, it is that old habits die hard. I fell backwards in a major way and I should have never allowed that hoochie mama Little Debbie into my home. There are so many things I hate about carrying this extra weight that making healthy choices should be easy. This list of positives will serve as good motivation for me to stay focused......(this list and a GINORMOUS bin of clothing that I cannot squeeze into). Ha!

In my next 100 posts, I hope to achieve at least a little movement on the weight loss
ticker. I have already proved that I can run. I want to get back to 100% and get fit.

My Goals this Week:
Walk-everyday
64 Oz of water (I have a hard time with this one)
Journal

This is unrealated to weightloss, but I feel the need to get on my soapbox.
I would like to offer up a public service announcement to anyone working in an office....
When pooping in public (work). Make sure your ID badge is not laying on the
floor, overlapping in the stall next door (like mine). Otherwise people
will know it was you that caused the anal holocaust in the bathroom.
Furthermore people like me will point and laugh when they see you, as
you will forever be know as the office ass blaster. Out of courtesy to
other users...please flush 2 times and use Lysol. Thanks in advance.

(UGH....seriously I work with a bunch of pigs)

14 comments:

Stace said...

LMFAO!! Ass Blaster! Must know who it is : )
Every time I get stressed (every 20 minutes) you are running up and down the stairs with me! Then we'll drink and talk shop around the water cooler.

MCM Mama said...

Congrats on your 100th post!

LOL at Ass Blaster. Yet another part of "office politics" I don't miss.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Congrats on the 100th post!

And ewwwww!

Marcy said...

YAY CARLY!!! CONGRATS on your 100th!! Great goals! I know you can do it :-)

OMFG I AM DYING over the PR incident. Ohhhhhh that is too funny. And also something that will be FOREVER stuck in your memory bank when you think of that person. At least for me, I don't know about other people because I'm not mature enough to get over something like that :P

D10 said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!
I am totally with you on the bathroom thing. You would think women would be a little neater and respectful.

Lily on the Road said...

Congrats on your 100th post...glad to have "met" you!

Glad you are beating the "fat chick" talk out of your head!!!

As for the Ass Blaster, maybe they were the one at Utica!

RunMomma said...

Women can be the worst of the two sexes when it comes to bathroom etiquette. I was rolling on the floor at ass blaster!

RunningNan said...

I'm totally a shoe watcher!

Anyway, I agree with the list. That's how I feel as I shed some poundage. I get a ton of compliments on my legs, and more so now that I've slimmed them down a bit. I'll punch that hoochie in the face for you!

Viv said...

Congrats on the 100th episode in the life of Carly. You had me rolling with I am still fat and still injured...shut it. I love reading you blog Carly. I really hope to meet your ass in in San Antonio. OK not just your ass..LOL!
The courtesy flush needs to be posted on bathroom stalls.

Tammy said...

Congrats on your 100th post!
And, best wishes on your goals for the next 100.

LOL at the Ass Blaster!!

Running Knitter said...

Congrats on your 100th post!

AKA Alice said...

"Ass Blaster" I LOVE IT! I almost snorted water through my nose reading that (yes, I can read and drink at the same time) Priceless.

Congrats on your 100th Post...

Jen said...

ROFL at anal holocaust!

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine online paypal - buy phentermine no prescription needed