Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th Fest (Feast) Recap

Another 4th of July has come and gone. I am sitting here like a pile working off my hangover from food, drink, and lack of sleep. We had a blast and there were a lot of crazy moments that will make for funny memories for many years. Here is our weekend recap in reverse.

Crazy Carnies

As part of the 4th of July celebration, our city puts on a "kiddie" carnival. It is the creepiest most disgusting thing I have ever seen. The rides are nasty and well past their prime. The Carnies cackle and you never want to make eye contact with them or you end up being harassed. The smell of mini donuts and people watching lure us in every year. This year it was my mother and I that took the boys. It was everything I expected and more....mullets, tats, and a serious lack of teeth.

My mom thought it was a great idea to take the rugrats on the scrambler. I couldn't let her be cooler than me so I jumped on board and agreed to ride along. I paid $3 for one single ride ticket and I was annoyed......especially for shizzy rides like these. We got on and we rode for at least 10 effing minutes! I am usually ready to puke after 30 seconds. We rode, and rode, and RODE until crazy-eyed carnie guy finished his conversation with crazy-legged carnie guy. When the ride finally stopped, I climbed out only to flash innocent bystanders with my "whale-tale". My mother was mortified and dying of laughter. When I was finally able to compose myself we got the hell out of that place.

Fireworks
We have a great fireworks display that we go to every year. They are shot off about 3/4 of a mile from my house so every year we walk to the park to see them. They were beautiful we did our OOOOHHHs and AWWWWWWWs and were on our way. During the walk home there was a group of teenage kiddos lighting fireworks in a crowd and sparks and flames were almost landing on our kids in the stroller. I was polite enough by telling them to knock it off....they responded like most teenagers these days ......the basically told me to bite it. So I chucked my beer at them. Why? I don't know why. It was immature but I was hoping that these kids would get in trouble (yeah right) for smelling like beer. It was my white trash Springer moment. They didn't do anything to us, but they got into a fight with the lady behind us. Phew, we escaped getting shanked on the way home.

Party in the backyard

Beautiful day+ long holiday weekend= P.A.R.T.Y. We had our friends and family over to celebrate, eat, drink, and watch the local parade. Did I mention we ate and drank???? It was a blast and I am very grateful that I have such a great group of people in my life.


We pulled out the ladder ball for some backyard fun. Someone thought it was a great idea to throw the balls up in the air and unfortunately they got stuck in the tree. I was very amused for the next 4 hours watching these OCD guys try to get these balls out. During their attempt to get these down, a football and baseball bat also got stuck. It wasn't until my friend threw a golf club up there that the sporting equipment came down. The last ditch effort was when my husband pulled out the pressure washer and tried shooting it down. No go....the balls are still in the tree. I think they are up there for good.

Parade
This year our community parade had to be re-routed because of some major construction projects. Lucky for us, the route was literally out in our yard. When we heard the news we invited all our friends over, got a keg, and planted our asses to heckle the people marching in the parade. It was a blast! I could run in my own house, grab my cocktail, and use my own bathroom. It was heaven.
The only problem was everyone else loved my yard as well. I had peeps all over my property. It kind of annoyed me because people got very comfortable going so far as setting up camp. People set their lawn chairs up in the middle of our grass, they walked through some new sod area, and left some garbage. Some people even had the balls to come up to me to ask to use our bathroom. NO WAY. I know I am mean, but my house is not a public restroom. So we just taunted them as well and threatened to pull out the garden hose.
There was no exercise this weekend. While in my past life it would have been a perfect weekend, I feel like crap. That is a good thing....I need my exercise fix. I am still resting the injury and I am going to get into the doc this week. Today I am making my plan.
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend!!!!


9 comments:

Marcy said...

OMFG CARLY! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA ROFLMAO!! When I clicked on your blog the FIRST thing I noticed was that creepy monkey and instantly thought "WTF is that?!?"

Man oh man, I am in tears over this post. You're such a woman after my own heart.

Viv said...

Carly what a flipin funny weekend! I loved that Jerry Springer moment LMAO!

Looking forward for your Dr visit to getcha on some kind of treatment plan.

MizFit said...

I HEART the monkey as well AND wanna remind you that you just need to harness all of this I WANNA WORKOUT feeling and reapply liberally when you can exercise and have a case of the I DONT WANNAS (or is it just I who get those? who can say...)

Miz.

chia said...

LOL wow what a weekend! You have way more patience than I - those peeps would have felt my rage as soon as the first paw hit my sods :-).

Julia said...

Good Gawd that monkey is creepy! I'm LMAO at your carnie descriptions.

RunningNan said...

I loved riding on the scrambler with my dad.. Favorite pasttime!

I was with you 100% with the weekend. Drinking Thursday night... Drinking Friday... Day and night.. We had a visit from some good looking men in a big red truck at night.. They said they could smell the alcohol pourind off of us. Then Saturday I was sitting poolside, and apparently the sunblock washed off. Sunday was a painful day! I ran this morning hoping to wash away the 4 bottles of wine and massive amounts of taco dip away!

I'm glad to hear you had such a great weekend too!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Keg in the front yard...
I love you!

Tammy said...

Awww, memories. When my kiddos were little, I was a 20-something, thin, blonde. We nevah paid to ride the rides at the carnival... Although, there was plenty of leering, mullets and tats.

I love that the parade went right past your house and you had a keg in the front yard!

Now, back on the wagon, you!

Nicole said...

OMG Carly I am LMFFAO at your weekend recap!

Glad you guys had such a great time!