Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grrrrrrrrr....

I am grumpy and pissy! This foot and leg thing really has put a damper on things. I think my mood is being affected because I am not getting a good dose of an endorphin high. I am calling today to get in to see a real doctor. My husband thinks that self diagnosing things on WebMD is not the way to work through an injury. Hmmmmpf!

I walked 2.75 miles this morning. At least it something, right? I am still looking for yoga and spinning classes. My gym offers both but they will have a lot more options when the students return for fall semester. They will be offering "101" classes that get the basics down before you jump into a full blown class. Bummer I have to wait until Fall. That is ok, until then I will continue to walk and add some swimming in the the mix. Must make use of the pool while we have the weather.

I bombed out on the IDWLC. I did not shed one pound. Truthfully, I didn't even try to clean up the diet. Even though I am more active in the summer, I am swayed by chips and dip and yummy burgers hot off the grill.

I didn't really care that I was eating like crap....that is until I saw this picture of me running my half marathon. O M G!!!!! I really didn't know that is what my behind looked like. And yes, I am completely aware that the fashion police probably have me on some offender list because I have no business wearing shorts like that! There is a reason that I only have mirrors that only reflect from the shoulders up. Ha! I should kick my husband in the nads for taking an ass shot, but really I need to thank him for finding my give-a-damn.

My cousin once called me a Clydesdale. I was kind of offended but he said he meant it as a compliment because I am a bigger gal that can run. We have gotten a few good laughs out of that comment over the years. Even though, he doesn't have a way with words, I see what he means and I do take it as a compliment. I am not bashing myself or whining about the pudge. I just think this will be motivation for me to shed a few lbs and reshape that ass of mine. Ahhhh ........the power of a picture.

14 comments:

RunMomma said...

Oh, how I relate to the ass shots of me. I had no idea that I had so much junk in the trunk and not the good kind. I too am suffering leg issues and have been seeing an ART Chiropractor. He really works me over. Perhaps check it out.

Julia said...

Though I understand the photo motivation all too well, just remember you're running half marathons! What a great accomplishment.

I've always had a big booty. The shots that freak me out are the arm shots. When did my arms get so big and flabby???

I got my medical degree from WebMD :P .

Running Knitter said...

Don't let it get you down. You're out there and you're doing something about it.

Marcy said...

A lot of clydesdales could kick my butt LOL

Let us know how that Dr's appoint goes chica! I hope it's nothing too too serious ;D

your brother said...

Ahhh yes the cldesdale... think of all the thing you can pull...Budwieser Wagon, Wells Fargo Stage Coach, ect... just kidding. You have a nice ass (que duling banjos now)

Delane said...

Ugh the ass shot. I hate them and have several of them. I just burn them.

But congrats and hats off to ya! Ya did it, thats what matters. There are not many people who can say that.

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Oh I have some shots I don't like either. I guess the world doesn't see us like our favorite mirror does. grrr...

Stace said...

Don't be so hard on your gluteous maximus - like my grandma always said, "it's better to have too much than not enough". If you had not enough, we'd be calling you Flatty!
Work that muscle : )

AKA Alice said...

I just wanted to say that I've been following your blog for a little while and have enjoyed (and related) to reading about your trials and tribulations running as a chubby chick (I'm one too)...but I just have to ask...Who the hell takes pix of any runner's back-side to begin with?...that's just mean! Grrrrr.

D10 said...

Hope all goes well at the doctors. "I should kick my husband in the nads" make me laugh!

Viv said...

Those photographers should really have some dayum guidlines about those shots. They are all shotty they aim from the bottom up, which sux. Then they get you on a side view. A size 2 would maybe get a good shot. We will get there Carly just keep at it. And kick photags that take bad angle shots. I hope the Dr can help come up with a treatment plan that will get you in the right direction. Have a great 4th weekend!

Viv said...

OK I totally missed that it was the hubby taking the pic. Till I read D10's post. LMAO! Totally have to give him the photo crash course of posing. Spinning 101 sounds like a great idea. it would be a good way to ease people in.

RunningNan said...

That's so the truth.. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words. I have a few pictures like that and I think to myself "what was I thinking!"... Although, my butt isn't like that, but my belly is big.. I'm the buddha belly runner!

robison52 said...

Actually, "Clydesdale" is for males, females are known as "Fillies." Some of those Clydesdales and Fillies are superb athletes who are very tall and/or have mucho muscles.