Thursday, July 3, 2008

Limpin' Around on a Thursday

Ohhhhhhh...Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Yeahhhhhhhhhhh......Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Did I really do that out loud? Yes, yes I did. My coworkers were peeking their heads into my cube to make sure I wasn't doing anything "inappropriate". Although I wasn't doing THAT technique, I was doing the golf ball trick that Staci told me to do. Get your mind out of the gutter, I know what you are thinking! The golf ball is helping me stretch out my foot as I am doing more self prescribed therapy to work through this foot issue. As John Melloncamp would say...."It hurts so good". It seems to be a good short-term solution but I still need to make an appointment with the old doctor.

Since I am on my self-imposed running ban, I am focusing my attention on weight loss. I have lost count at how many times I have attempted to lose weight and just when I think I have hit another "rock bottom", I gain another 5lbs. Why do I keep up this self-destructive cycle?

I had some time to think about why I am fighting a healthy lifestyle so much. One word....laziness. I hate meal planning, I hate grocery shopping, and I hate cooking. These are all things one must do in order to maintain a certain level of healthy eating. I am not lazy when it comes to exercise and even though I love my tater-tots, I also have no problem eating healthy. I just simply boils down to my organizational skills. I keep thinking that I need to go back to a Weight Watchers meeting but as I went through my stuff I realized even a meeting won't help me. I was on WW for 2 years and I did lose weight.....but only when I planned.

As I mentioned before, I can no longer make changed on a grand scale. I have to do them in baby steps. Coming up with a plan that I can stick to is hard but I am going to try a bare bones plan for a week or two to see if I can get back some sort of control back. This is my planning plan:
  • Cook 3 nights/week
  • Oatmeal for Breakfast, Salad of some sort for Lunch everyday (I rarely get sick of this combo)
  • Plan for said 3 night of cooking and get my butt to the store and get over my hatred of grocery stores.
On top of my plan, I am forcing myself to write down my intake in a food journal. My plan has lot of room expand but I need to start someplace.

I of course am not starting this plan until July 5th. The meal plan is in place for my 4th fest (feast) and unfortunately I am not willing to forgo my brother's famous cucumber dip or coney's.

Have a great holiday weekend and good luck to any racers out there!!!

12 comments:

your brother said...

At least it was not the Winona Rider Ping Pong ball trick from the South Park Movie...

your brother said...

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I got you and Kristen matching bibs for the dip...

smellyshelley said...

I hate meal planning, I hate grocery shopping, and I hate cooking

Here, here ...maybe that is why i have issues too.

I'm having foot problems too...and I think if I lost a few (35-40) pounds my foot probably wouldn't hurt. I read somewhere that running actually puts about 3 to 4times the force than your actual weight on your feet...my poor, poor feet.

paige said...

I hear ya on waiting until after the 4th. I'm taking a break for that day myself. To not could be considered sacrilege.

Hope your foot pain gets better soon! My foot took me out of the running game but my laziness is keeping me on the bench.

Marcy said...

"laziness. I hate meal planning, I hate grocery shopping, and I hate cooking. . . . I am not lazy when it comes to exercise and even though I love my tater-tots"

Oooooooo that is SOOOO ME! I swear the only thing I eat is frozen food.

I'm glad someone's balls helped you out :P

Running Knitter said...

I think the food journal will really help. Good luck!

Tammy said...

Good luck, Carly!

Planning, I can do. It's the follow-through that I lack!

Jen Den said...

How much do you hate journaling and counting points? 'Cause I HATE IT. But, it works. So how can we argue?

Weekends are out of the question. I must have those two days to eat and drink what the hell I want.

Other than that, I can deal with the whole counting thing.

What's the golf ball trick? Dirty girl.

Viv said...

I think the plan of journaling rocks after the 5th of course..LOL! I am glad the gold ball is feeling goog on the feet. Personally, when you can totally put your focus to the WL it comes and comes good. Good luck, you can do it Carly!

Jen said...

Plan, Carly, Plan! Plan, shop, and cook. It works. You can do it.

Yasmin said...

I'm right there with ya!

I decided to recommit to the plan too. We'll see how well that works when I'm at the Sam Adams Brewery...

RooBabs said...

Sounds like an awesome plan. I am sending you good vibes to stick with it. I don't mind cooking, but I hate grocery shopping.

I hope your foot feels better soon.