Thursday, July 17, 2008

She's Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!

On Tuesday Staci came back to work! When I saw her I was so excited that I ran over to her cube and squealed with excitement. The first words out of her mouth were "did you bring your running shoes?" I just laughed. Seriously? She is six weeks out of surgery and she is spewing this kind of nonsense!!!??? Instead of her lunchtime workout we went out to lunch. I am an evil corrupter.

This girl means business because she made me promise that I would bring the shoes for Thursday (today). I know she can kick my ass, so I brought them. When lunch time rolled around the rain started. I thought there is no way she would make me walk. Wrong. This girl took me on an underground tour of Minneapolis. There were tunnels and steps and parking ramps all hooked together so we would not have to endure one drop of rain. Ugh. I should have known she would have an inclement weather backup plan. The sad part of our walk was that I had to huff and puff to keep up with this girl who only 6 weeks ago had 1/2 her liver taken. Wow.

I am so happy she is back. I have missed her!!! To be able to keep up with her is my motivation for today.

5 comments:

Viv said...

I am glad Stacey is back and ready to roll! LMAO at dragging you underground the determination.

chia said...

YAAAAY! Great work mates are hard to come by. I'm glad you reclaimed yours! Congrats on her speedy recovery - good on her!

Marcy said...

That's wonderful Carly!! Nothing like having a running peep to share (or drag LOL) you through the miles.

Tammy said...

Woohoo! Welcome back Staci!

I wish I had a buddy to drag me through the miles on a daily basis...

Lily on the Road said...

Glad Stacy is back and healthy. You guys have fun on your walks!!