Thursday, July 24, 2008

Super Woman Wanna Be

Yesterday was a crazy day. It was one of those days where the to-do list is so long that you need another sheet of paper. I started it right when I woke up and finished most of it by 6pm.

Meals cooked: 3 (I even made dinner)
Loads of Laundry: Lost count after 6
Time at park with kiddos: 1.5 hours
Phone calls made: 6
Errands run: 4
Photo shoots scheduled: 2
Birthday parties planned: 2 out of 3
Rooms cleaned: 4 (although at 6pm the house was trashed again)

It is hard being Superwoman. I guess that is why I am normally a slacker. I am attempting to be an organized efficient person. It is kind of like fitting a square peg into a round hole but I am trying. School is starting in month and if I don't have my stuff together I will be in the loony bin!

For all my hard work, I thought I would relax during the evening even though my list was not completely finished. My friend and old neighbor came to visit the old 'hood and we had dinner. She just had a baby so I got to meet the new addition. Her sister was also in town from Canada visiting her boy toy. We three gals sat down to a box'o wine and chatted the night away as we had lots to catch up on.

Strangely, my glass was never empty and seemed to keep refilling itself. When it was time to say good night....I was more than a little tipsy. Ugh....red wine. It always kills me. The worst part about it, is that it was a work night!!!! Needless to say, I am a bit hungover today. The way I am feeling today sucks, but the night was sooooo fun to catch up with my gal pals.

I have still been taking it easy on the running front. Staci has me walking with her at work and I enjoy it. Although I am on her shit list today because I bailed. I am not able to be upright for more than a few minutes at a time. Lesson Learned. I also stepped on the scale for the first time in a month and I am happy to say I am down 2.4! Not much...but it is a start.

9 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Some of us girls decided to go to Promises, instead of Betty. That way we can snuggle up with celebrities and lounge in style as we detox. ha ha.

You ARE superwoman!!!

D10 said...

What time did you get up! You definitely got a lot done and all by 6. You are super woman!

Running Knitter said...

That's a big list!

Lily on the Road said...

How many hours are in YOUR Day??? YIKES...

I'm exhausted just reading about your day!

Marcy said...

That's right!! You drink up that box baby!! I'm sure the man of the house enjoyed your tipsy-ness :P

AKA Alice said...

SUUUUUUPERRRRR WOOOOOMANNNNN!

I hate it when I clean the house and it's trashed by the end of the day...makes me CRANKY WOMAN!

Pokey said...

You are totally a super woman!!! You make me tired ;)

Viv said...

Geez, that is a list. Great on having fun with the girls. Whohoo on the loss!

Lily on the Road said...

hahaha, sounds like the same kind of week I had, only I used my list as a cocktail coaster!!!

Shove over, I'm always saying I'm heading to Betty Ford's!!!

Hope your achy little head is feeling better!!!