Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They are Back!

"Mommmm he's (insert annoyance here) me!"
"He hit me!"
"Whaaaaaaa!!"


Ahhhh it is good to have my little buggers home. Before noon I broke up two fights, pulled out the hot sauce for a sassy mouth, threatened to take 2 upcoming birthday parties away, and made an impromptu doctor visit for an ear infection. I am glad life is back to normal around here. I am counting the minutes until my better half gets home and then I am braving the heat and humidity for a walk. Sanity. It is crazy that I actually miss this when I do not have it.

I know it is the end of July, but I upset that everything is out for back to school. For crying out loud we go back after Labor Day. What is even more upsetting is that I actually had to buy stuff today because Tar-jay was already getting picked over in their supplies. They are probably trying to move shit so they can have Halloween crap out by August 15th. Ridiculous. Even though I hate this ominous sign that summer is ending, I love me some school supplies.

One of my exciting school supply finds is a day planner that I am using for a diet journal. Every time I recommit, I buy a new notebook to get a fresh start. It is kind of funny because I have tons of little note books laying around and I am still fat. I am hoping my journal experience will be better this time. This planner is the perfect size and has enough space to record all of my pie hole stuffage for each day. The best part is that it is an academic year calendar so the dates started this week. I think I will be better about journaling doing it calendar based as I hate seeing empty spaces. I am weird like that. It is sad that I am motivated to journal by filling calendar squares rather than seeing the scale move.

I will be walking tonight and I will update the workout later.....

5 comments:

Marcy said...

The first day back is always the worst. It's like they've been saving up all the bad to unleash RIGHT when they get home LOL.

I'm with you on the notebook. Mine is not looking too pretty :-X Oy, oy, oy the amount of cals I consume. No wonder I've been gaining. YIKES!

Melinda said...

Believe it or not, my little kiddos start back next Wednesday August 6. When it's around 100 degrees outside. That is a week and a half before I go back to college. Give me the old days when kids go back to school the last week of August.

RunningNan said...

I hate that it's back to school time too. Everything in the stores is geared towards that. I want stuff geared towards me.. is that too much to ask? lol

Tammy said...

Glad the kiddos are back.

I'm right there with ya... maybe I'll go get one of those academic planners this week.

Lily on the Road said...

Halloween in August, that's just nuts!