Monday, July 28, 2008

Thumbs Up!

I got the green light to start running again. I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I LOVE my Chiropractor (aka the Miracle Worker). She fixed me up real nice and the injuries are healing beautifully. I am going to start back up the correct way this time and not sign up for a marathon when I can only run a mile. In fact, I am focusing on walking at the moment and building a base from there. Imagine that...starting from the ground up!!!

Staci and I walked at lunch today. That girl is relentless! I think I normally run slower than we walked today. She is a speed demon even as a walker. Ugh...I may get into shape yet if I stick with her. I had to jog at times just to keep up . Someone bounced back to her normal self quicker than I expected. Maybe it is time that I kick her in the knee to knock her down to my level. *evil grin*

The distance and pace per mile is up for debate. We started our respective running gadgets at the same time and we got very different results. Her read out on the Nike+ was 2.5(ish)miles and around a 14/minute mile pace. Mine said 2.21 miles with an average pace of 16.18 MPH. I calibrated mine on a track while running. I don't know if is a difference because I walked. It seemed accurate for yesterday's power walk around the hood. I actually pulled out the instructions but I couldn't find an answer to my issue. Oh well, I liked Staci's number's better anyway.

My kiddos are back. I can't believe how much I missed them....especially for as crazy as they make me. I am happy that everyone is home. My parents spoiled them rotten and now I have to whip them back into shape. Scrubbing walls seems like a great welcome home project. I enjoyed my break, but I was WAY busier than I thought. I did do my date nights with the my man but no much else.

I am tired and going to hit they hay. I just did a graze through the kitchen and starting stuffing my face when I realized that I am not even hungry....just exhausted.

14 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Great news that you can start running again!

Marcy said...

I've heard the Nike +'s can be horribly inaccurate. Just about every other Blogger I read that has one gripes about it. Sorry Carly :-(

BUT YAY on getting back on track! Now if only the "miracle Worker" was a male mid 20's, nice bod, and preferred to do his work shirtless :P

MizFit said...

I hit the sugars when the exhausted grazing starts.
it's ugly at times especially since the SUGARSTUFF is supposed to be my Toddler's PooPooPotty treats ;)

M.

Stace said...

I am so glad you can run again - great news!
I've blogged about how crappy my Nike is; I think it's time to map this route on Google!

Running Knitter said...

Yay for running again!

Dawn said...

Congrats on getting better & back on track!

paige said...

Yeah on the running again!

It's funny how you get to missing those little buggers when they're gone for more than a day : )

Laura N said...

Glad to hear you are healthy again! Walking is a fabulous start back. I understand about eating when tired. That's pretty much how I blow it just about every stinking day.

Lily on the Road said...

Glad you are able to get back power walking and running!!

Glad to hear the house is "full" again! Enjoy.

Yasmin said...

I'm glad your getting better! I hate not running...

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Glad you are back. Go easy on yourself starting up again. I have to agree with Marcy - I haven't heard much good about the accuracy of those Nike +'s. But you were out there moving.

Delane said...

Great News!

RooBabs said...

Wahoo for running! No shame in taking it easy at first. Hooray for the Miracle Worker- does she make house calls to Utah? I could use some miracle working on my neck.

reneeh said...

Thoughts from a fellow runner - I've noticed when running with friends who have a Nike system for tracking mileage and MPH, it isn't very accurate. One friend did not believe me that her Nike was off until we ran a 1/2 marathon and her Nike said we ran 15 miles. My Garmin is trustworthy... if you can get the GPS signal and don't mind running with a laptop on your wrist.