Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baywatch Here I Come!!!!!

Greetings from Wisconsin! I am tapping away in a hotel room. We are here for the weekend because of a family reunion.

When we pulled into town, I promised the boys they could go swimming. They changed into their suits faster than lightning and raced me to the pool. The both immediately headed for the "big" pool rather than staying in the kiddie area. I was not in the mood to swim; It was more like something about muffin top spillage out of a tankini that is 2 sizes too small that prevented me from jumping in. The boys were having a blast. My mother, cousin, and aunt joined me to watch the kids swim. That is where the showing off began.

My 6 year old started jumping in the the "deep end" and he wanted a a rating from the gallery. After about the 40th jump he was pretty tired. He did 3 bobs up and down in the water and the look on his face was not one of a frolicking child. I kicked off my shoes and jumped in after him.....fully clothed.


The other people in the pool were looking at me like I was nuts. I pulled him to the edge and was reassured that he was fine. It didn't take him long before he was trying to do it again. There is never a dull moment with my family. Never. If my photography career doesn't take off perhaps I could comb the beaches and be a Baywatch Babe.

The weekend didn't have a great start and this "dramatic" rescue was just the icing on the cake. I am actually scared to see what today brings. My breaks went out on my car and so did my husband's back. The car is fixed and hubby went golfing today (funny how golf has a surefire way to cure an aching back).

I brought my golf clubs today and I hope to do 9 holes with my mom this afternoon. That should be hysterical. I have not touched my clubs in 2 years. It will be good exercise though....especially since I hit the ball to Neverland, I will be doing a lot of walking.

I did get my walks in on Thursday and Friday. I did about 2.0 and 2.5 each day. Not bad, but I wish I was running. My foot feels "normal" but I am going to continue walking until I lose a few more pounds before I start running again.

7 comments:

Running Knitter said...

Hope you have a fun reunion!

Stace said...

Have fun golfing, enjoy the reunion and don't forget that Baywatch babes have some spillage too ; )

Lily on the Road said...

Ahhh, summer vacations, always a bag of monkeys.....

Have fun....

The Young Family said...

Wow, never a dull momement in deed! It would have been much easier just to put the suit on, you know fully clothed and soaking wet adds pounds! ok, yes, I am laughing. Can't wait to read about the rest!

Em

AKA Alice said...

It is soooo scary to see that look of semi-panic in your kid's face...I'd have done the same thing...

In the future, it'll be a great story about how you jumped in fully-clothed (and probably in a winter parka, no less) to save your son's life...and everyone will laugh.

Hopefully the rest of the vay-cay includes no more "family stories?"

Laura N said...

Those kiddos, never a dull moment! We had a similar scare last summer with Sophie. I was in a swimsuit, but had to jump in in a panic nonetheless. I never want to do that again. Thankfully she has learned to swim really well this past year, and Luke won't go anywhere near the big pool yet.

Hope things are looking up. You have sure had your fair share of trouble this year!

paige said...

Have fun at your family reunion!! You can come work my pool anytime!