Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great Minnesota Get Together

There is one time of the year where I am so excited yet I am just beside myself with sadness. That time of the year is the 12 days of the Minnesota State Fair . I am only sad because it is the true official closing of Summer. Once I come to terms that fall is around the corner, I love the fair.

We go every year. Every year we do the same things; eat, drink, people watch, and eat. Last year was no exception. Three days out of the hospital after having Baby Diva via C-Section....I was determined to get my corn dog on. And somehow with the help of Percocet I went. This year presented a challenge. No babysitters. So we packed up the family and headed out.
The photos below document the day.

FOOD


Fried pickles with dipping sauce, cheese curds, scotch egg, beer, London broil sammy, strawberry rhubarb milkshake, corn dog, more beer, and back to the pickles. MMMMMMMmmmmmm

Not included in the photo: cashew nut roll, pretzel, and mini donuts

We shared everything, so we were trying to be mindful of our calorie intake. LOL

Corn Dogs for Breakfast. Nothing like a good dose of grease at 9Am.

Baby Diva enjoying a pretzel. She can really go to town despite only having 2 teeth.



Spam Curds, only in Minnesota *herck*

RIDES

We got suckered into taking the kids on some "wild rides". OMFG....I think I might have stamped my shorts on the ride that my son and I did. I got off and stumbled around like a drunk because I was so dizzy. Note to self: no more rides. I made my husband do the rest of the rides. The Carnies were laughing at me because they heard me screaming.


I am perfectly happy hanging with Baby Diva while everyone else enjoys the rides. That ride really effed up my hair.

The crowd on one of the streets. Did I mention that I am NOT a people person?

ANIMALS

Largest Boar of 2008

Did you think I would be mature enough not to get a picture of the set of this thing?!

You can't leave the swine barn without your pig ears. I am pretty sure that this photo will be enough to put my son in therapy.

All tuckered out! Yes, all 3 of them out cold in the back. No talking, no fighting. Just peace and quiet on the way home. Ahhhh life is good. I am already dreaming of next year's trip to the fair.

My only disappointment of the day was the lack of interesting people watching. Everyone looked so...dare I say, NORMAL! I must be the time of the day. We went right away in the morning and left by 4PM. I guess next year those kids will have to suck it up and go at night just so we can people watch. Ha!

Needless to say...I didn't workout today. I manage to walk for 7 hours at the fair while chasing the kiddos. That had to burn off a pickle or two. Now that I have the fair out of my system, I am back on the wagon full force!

20 comments:

MizFit said...

waitWHAT?!?

they were all (gasp) normal?

perhaps a trip to the las vegas strip is on order!!

same foods and FAB people watching ;)

Miz.

Shosh said...

Thanks for the pics of the food. What exactly does a fried pickle taste like and what do you dip it in??

DARN IT with all the "normal" people...you have a gorgeous family and baby Diva is too cute!!

Glad that fun was had by all and good idea letting your husband take on all the rides :-)

BeachRunner said...

Awesome post. Sounds like everyone had a blast. OMFG on the size of the crowd pic, and ROFL at the last pic. Ahhh peace and quiet.

jettie said...

Your photos, as always, are amazing. I can almost taste those fried pickles.

Your kiddos are beautiful!

Jen said...

Those are great pics, Carly!

MCM Mama said...

Funny, I thought fried pickles was a southern thing. I heart fried cheese curds!

Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Marcy said...

OMFG CARLY!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA Nice "set" there.

OMG the food looks to DIE FOR! Yum, yum, yum!!

And I'm ALL up on peep watching. Especially during fairs (because you know that's where the trash hangs :P) I'm dissapointed that you didn't get your share of . . . ummmm shall we say "genetic experiments" :P

N.D. said...

Yum, looks like a great time! I like how your pics are together like you have them, very neat looking!

Lily on the Road said...

LMAO.....only you would take a pic of the "package"....

Darn, I'm going to miss our local "worlds fair" 'cuz I'm racing that weekend...darn,

I've never hear of fried pickles...yikes. LOL...

Stace said...

That is so great, yet gives me a tummy ache just thinking about it! The pic of you and Baby Diva is gorgeous! Glad you had a great time, and at the end even some quiet time!

D10 said...

Great pictures. Your kids are soooo cute! Moving on to the food, it all looks so good! If you are at the fair you have to get something fried!

Chris said...

I have heard of these cheese curds but I don't understand why you eat them.

Boo on all the normal people! I love a good people watching day.

Tammy said...

Love the pictures!

Cheese curds are awesome! Yum! One of my favorites when I was in Green Bay a couple of years ago.

So, the last picture made it all worth it, huh? Peace and quiet!

RunningNan said...

You are just like me.. I love people watching. I always find the good ones too!

Anonymous said...

where did u get that strawberry rhubarb milkshake from homegirl?!!!

-Jay Zass

AKA Alice said...

ROFLMAO...I'd have been soooooo disappointed if you'd gone to the fair and came back without a picture of boar-balls for us

hahahahahahahahah

Julia said...

I was cracking up at 'getting my corn dog on'. I love corn dogs! Never had fried pickles, but it sounds great!

LMAO @ the pig ball pic.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I've never been able to go on those rides that go round and round. Makes me sick.

Viv said...

LMAO, at normal people at the fair. You must have gone on soccer Mom's do it in Minivans day.

Oh Carly that is a fat girl dream food day I am totally drooling over here.

HAHAHAHA at Baby Diva with two teeth and attacking a pretzel.

RooBabs said...

In a crowd that big, they were mostly normal?! That's crazy! They must have all been at Wal-Mart!

I love the picture of your effed up hair- ha ha. Baby Diva is too cute. And of course the boar's balls are classic Carly.

Thanks for making my day. = )